Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

hi all, we have an 09 ST 27 RB purchacesd in 2010 . today at my state inspection , the shop foreman informed me that my axle was bent . got in touch with Lippert immediately . they told the RV dealer to send pics. and also asked for serial no.s of the axles .this leads me to believe there may have been some problems during these years of axle production . Lippert's Lit. says 18 month warranty . i guess i will lose out on that deal . has anyone in that time frame had problems of the same nature .? any comments appreciated .

also talked to Randy's new assistant Tom at CR. he said that i would have very bad tire wear with this problem . well, i have over 7000 miles on my Mission Tires and they do not show any abnormal wear at all . we never load close to the 7700 GVW . i also do not remember hitting any big bumps etc. to cause this problem .

if Lippert will not come through with some kind of a solution , we are thinking about Dexter Axles . has any one ever done this? i am sure we will have to match up new hubs . this is getting to be an expensive post! or would you stick with Lippert even if i have to pay for new ones ? any thoughts appreciated.
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Be careful jumping to conclusions. The axles are normally "bent" when they are aligned at the factory/dealer and look bowed when viewing them once installed. If you have 7K miles with No abnormal wear, I would think they are OK. Mine are bowed as well but the tires wear well. This is not to say there aren't bad axles out there (numerous posts on this) but I would certainly think your tires would show abnormal wear well before you reached 7,000 miles. JMHO.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I agree with Stan, seems to me that you would be noticing something else.I know when my brother hada warped axle youcould totally feel it when pulling the trailer. Perhaps I am just extra sensitive.

2010 Zinger 31SB
tabrown2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Need more information about how the axle is bent. Pictures would be of great value. A normal axle does have a bow in it and the uninformed will think it is bent.

Yes Lippert did have problems during that time. I had an axle fail on a 2010 Cruiser. The spring perch collapsed into the axle tube. I was in Northern Arizona at the time. Trailer was less than 6 months old. Lippert replaced the axle. What was interesting is they had replacement axles in Phoenix. I will let you think on that fact.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Madisonville, KY

'12 Sunset Trail Reserve, 2007 Dodge 2500 Ram MEGA CAB Cummins 6.7 Diesel
kymedic513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

We just took delivery of our new ST 20CK. I looked under the trailer to see what everything looked like and I could swear the axles look like they have a bow in them. I changed my position several times thinking maybe it was just my perspective. Glad to hear that they may in fact actually have a bow in them and it's perfectly normal. Very good to know.

mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:09 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Agreed, I looked at my axles and was at first alarmed by the slight bow I see. Happy to know this is what we should expect to see...
Utahgoldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

fff

2011 F-150 4x4 ECOBOOST SuperCrew 3.5L V63.73

Rockland,Ontario

https://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...1;ny/test2.jpg

Yanik is offline   Reply With Quote