Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

2014 ST32BH Slide Outs Leaking

We bought a ST32BH in January 2014. The two slide outs have leaking three different times. Each time the dealer has taken the unit in and could not fully deplicate the leak. On one occassion the dealer replaced the factor seals around the slide outs. They stated that the seals were in installed wrong and then installed them correctly. The slide outs have only leaked while they were in during storage. Once we get the TT out to prepare for the weekend, we notice there has been leakage. Not a little, but a lot. Probably 10 gallons or so. The dealer has the TT now and is working with Cross Roads to figure out where to go from here.

Questions:

1. has any other ST32BH or any ST owners experienced anything like this?

2. I am about two months from my 1 year warranty expiring? If this issues isn't resolved, will the dealer continue to trouble shoot past the 1 year mark?

Any advice or recommendations will be much appreciated.
jattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Document and date with pictures, emails and faxes. Send copies to your dealer, and also contact Crossroads by phone and get a confirmation that they have received your paperwork and pictures.
If you do this before the warranty expires, you should have no problem getting the proper repairs.
Worked for me.

Good luck.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

yes, our large slide would leak sometimes, not every time, but sometimes when it was in the stored position and never in the extended position. I could not figure out why either, but I had a slide topper installed to keep debris and other stuff off the roof and it has never leaked again. plus I don't have to climb up on top every trip and sweep it off anymore before closing. Quick easy solution and it has multiple benefits.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Jattaway, I have a st28bh ,the slide is leaking, had in shop several times for it. Had it for a little over year bought it brand new. They found out the wall on the slide out is bowed. Get your dealer to look at that.. Crossroads wants to put a slide topper on it . I dont know that will completely solve the problem. I have everything documented with crossroads and dealer.
wayne bair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I have not had a leak, but I had slide toppers installed from day one. Not that toppers should be the fix. They should seal correctly from the factory.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

All,

Thanks for the replies and info. We absolutely love the TT other than the leaks, so hopefully the dealer will figure it out.
jattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:20 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I have not had a leak, but I had slide toppers installed from day one. Not that toppers should be the fix. They should seal correctly from the factory.
Problem is, you can't put slide toppers on every slide. But as you say, that should not be the fix.
Allison Transmission
Fatboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:36 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Your right, By putting a topper on ,It is only a bandais on the problem. Crossroads is taking mine back to the factory to fix my leak. The dealer found that the wall was bowed. Crossroads is going to put the topper on ,but also going to fix the slide.
wayne bair is offline   Reply With Quote