Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
New Camper

Sky Wifi Ranger

We have a 2014 Crossroads Elevation. A logo on the side of the Elavation says it's equipped with the Sky WiFi Ranger. The dealership was not helpful is telling us how it works. There is a toggle switch left to the main control panel (below the TV) that is not labeled. After reading set up instructions on the Sky Wifi Ranger web site, nothing happens when I turn this switch on and use my wifi on my iPad. Has anyone else had this problem? I have not climbed up the ladder to see if there is a wifi box on top of our toy hauler.
Fulltimemilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:50 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I have the WIFI Ranger, also. The switch at the location you describe sounds like the WIFI on/off switch. The WIFI ranger is just an "amplifier" for any WIFI signal that may be around when camping. When you turn on the WIFI Ranger, it should show as a WIFI connection option on your phone, but you will need to enter the password to access it, but without a real WIFI signal you will get nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wifi switch.jpg (176.5 KB, 5 views)

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

A factory reset of any WiFiRanger device will reset the WiFi password (WPA Key) to the default password changemenowWXYZ where WXYZ are the numbers in the equivalent positions in your device’s ID number ( which has the the format 77WXYZ)

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

The switch enables the wifi ranger, which should be on the roof (as on my 2013 3612). When I bought the unit new, I went to the wifi ranger web site and found one of the you tube videos that gives instruction how to connect. Try this one and there are others, I copied down the access and keep it in the camper.
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote