Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello there.

Does anyone know what the inside height measurement is on a 07/08 ST27RB?

We are shopping around for new TT and are liking the looks of the older ST 27RB (07-08) that have the full 60x80 bed without the ent. ctr at the end of the bed.... I can't seem to find the inside height of the trailer though.

I'm 6' 4" and I'm finding some of the lighter trailers are that way because the inside height is low. We currently have 1999 Rockwood and by the end of the summer my head hurts constantly from whacking my head on A/C or lights. Would prefer something taller that puts them out of my way.

Thanks for your time.

Sabrecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to mlsawmill
I think you are going to have to start looking at 5th wheels.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I don't have the trailer to check, but we have an 08 ST29RL. I'm 6'1" and can wear a hat in the trailer and still have room. I may be wrong, but I think there is enough interior height for you except where the air conditioner fan housing is and maybe not in the shower. I can still walk under the air conditioner fan housing with a hat on.

Best to check it out your self. I just looked at Cruiser 5ers at an RV show was shocked to discover I didn't have enough headroom in the front of the trailer by the closet. If you're going to spend much time in it you certainly don't want to be hitting your head on anything. If you're only taking it out for the occasional weekend you can probably live with some inconvenience.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsawmill
I think you are going to have to start looking at 5th wheels.

LOL>>> not quite ready for that yet, but

I'll mention it to the wife Edited by: Sabrecanuck
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa2
I don't have the trailer to check, but we have an 08 ST29RL. I'm 6'1" and can wear a hat in the trailer and still have room. I may be wrong, but I think there is enough interior height for you except where the air conditioner fan housing is and maybe not in the shower. I can still walk under the air conditioner fan housing with a hat on.

Best to check it out your self. I just looked at Cruiser 5ers at an RV show was shocked to discover I didn't have enough headroom in the front of the trailer by the closet. If you're going to spend much time in it you certainly don't want to be hitting your head on anything. If you're only taking it out for the occasional weekend you can probably live with some inconvenience.

Yep, had the same experience with a couple of 5'ers and decided that if that was goin to be the case, we'd stick with current TV and get another TT. I know most are either 78" or 80" but was curious what the Sunset was.

thanks guys.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We have 2008 ST 27 RB 2008. We picked it up three years ago today and like it very well. The air conditioner vent is 6'3", the lights 6'2" and the bathroom door is 6'3". That probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but that's what ours measured. I didn't know either what the real measurements were, but I just came in from measuring inside the ST.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustman
We have 2008 ST 27 RB 2008. We picked it up three years ago today and like it very well. The air conditioner vent is 6'3", the lights 6'2" and the bathroom door is 6'3". That probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but that's what ours measured. I didn't know either what the real measurements were, but I just came in from measuring inside the ST.

Thanks for taking the time to do that, I really appreciate it.... at least now I know.. My wifejust reminded me that I'll get shorter the older I get so I should fit in another 5 years or so...

Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

we just purchased a 2009 ST RB this past spring . like you i am 6' 4,probably more like 6'3 as your wife mientioned . you shrink as you you get older . i can move around the inside without bumping my head at all . i can stand in the shower , but we have a skylight above the shower . the 80 inch Queen is great for a tall person . that was my biggest hang up about other TT's we looked at . they say Queen beds , but they were only 74 inches long

best thing is to step inside one . that is what i did before we purchased . we really enjoy ours . the new Sunset Trails are not as good as the older ones . probably not as roomy insdide either . they have cut down on the bed size also . if you can find a good used one, go for it . you will not be disapointed .if you are looking for a new , try the Cruiser TT made by Crossroads . it has taken on the style of the older ST'S, but they weigh a bit more LOL
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #9
New Camper

Thanks Gary... My wife would now like to know if you meant the trailer is "older style but weighs more" or were you referring to me? LOL..

We did some shopping around yesterday in the cold and walked through a Sunset Trail as well as others. It appears the ST is not going to work. I LOVED the idea of the 80" bed and we liked the layout but not only did we do the 'stand under the light' test but I also whacked my head on one of the lights after that. It's OK though. The salesperson showed us some new Heartland's that have 7' ceilings and I could dance in those. However WHACKED my head really hard on the door jamb on the way out. I think at that point he saw our concern.

I guess I'm still 6' 4" after all!!! LOL>

The search continues.....Edited by: Sabrecanuck
Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrecanuck

However WHACKED my head really hard on the door jamb on the way out. I think at that point he saw our concern.

The search continues.....
Sabrecanuck---- Did you just get to be 6' 4"????????
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:51 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I think that the older Sunset Trails are now the CTX line

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

saberkanuck, fhenn is right . the Sunset TRails manufacturedbefore 2010 are now considered the CTX line by Crossroads . we also looked at the Heartlands . didn't have the 80 inch bed ,other then that they were a good looking unit . hope you find something that fits you ... to all people who think it is great to be tall ,this is an ocassion when it is not . happy hunting
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrecanuck

However WHACKED my head really hard on the door jamb on the way out. I think at that point he saw our concern.

The search continues.....
Sabrecanuck---- Did you just get to be 6' 4"????????

You would think that, wouldn't you??? Maybe it was the heels? OK, OK, I meant to say 'winter boots', not heels....

I will tell you that it was a 'solid' reminder as to why I'm worried about interior height. LOL>

Edited by: Sabrecanuck
Old 02-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordionman
saberkanuck, fhenn is right . the Sunset TRails manufacturedbefore 2010 are now considered the CTX line by Crossroads . we also looked at the Heartlands . didn't have the 80 inch bed ,other then that they were a good looking unit . hope you find something that fits you ... to all people who think it is great to be tall ,this is an ocassion when it is not . happy hunting

Thanks again Gary.. You are right, sometimes being tall, dark and handsome isn't an advantage... Ummm..... You did mean 'dark and handsome' too, right??

I did look at the CTX line but they don't have the floorplan that we are leaning towards...

More shopping!!!

thanks!

Old 02-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Have you checked travel trailers made by Komfort? They used to make the 60 x 80 queen beds and I'm wondering if the inside height will work. My sons are tall and that would keep them out of our travel trailer, we have a ST27RB made in 2008. We LOVE it by the way!

2008 ST27RB

2007 F150 4 x 4

Traveling with 3 labs!
Threedognight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #16
New Camper

Yeah, we did what we considered to be a LOT of looking around, walk throughs and phone calls.

We just pulled the trigger this weekend on a Keystone Premier 27RBPR. Inside height is 6'11" at the center and 6'5" along outside walls because of radius roof. The only thing that was missing was the 80"mattressso I just told DW she was going to have to spoon...

Thanks for all of the information and suggestions guys. I would have loved to join the CR family, maybe next time.

Happy Camping!!!!