Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to New Trailer Mom
Hi All,Â*

I'm shopping for a new Crossroads Sunset Trails st30, but boy sure is hard to find. Â*I live in southern massachusetts, the two closest dealers to me just have a couple of manufacture repos not the model I'm looking for. Â* I've been searching everyday on computer found several out of state, but I'm nervous ordering and having shipped, plus I need to finance. Â*I really would rather sit down with local dealer with trailer on the lot that I'm buying. Â*Does anyone know how soon the 2010's will start to come in, because it seems like the dealers aren't getting any new 09's in on the Sunset Trails, most of the dealers near me carry tons of the Zinger's but not many of the Sunset Trails.
Any comments or insight would be greatly appreciated. Â*Also the two dealers I went to I gave them my name and phone told them very ready to buy if the right unit came along didn't even have to be Crossroads and still I've yet to hear from either one of them. Â*Makes me feel their not interested in my business or certainly not hurting for business. Â*I suppose I could have my dealerÂ*order me the unit I want but then again I think you can negotiate a better deal with one sitting on the lot than ordering one. What's your thoughts?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Custom Camper in Southington, CT carries Sunset Trails. My buddy picked up a similar Flagstaff with a slide int he back with a bunk and bed below. A BHSS or something like that.

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Trailer Mom
I suppose I could have my dealerorder me the unit I want but then again I think you can negotiate a better deal with one sitting on the lot than ordering one. What's your thoughts?

NOT TRUE. I actually got a better deal on a 2008 when I ordered than I did for the identical 2007 on the lot. I certainly don't think the deal will be any worse.

The unemployment rate in Elkhart, IN is 18% (4th highest in the USA). This is the RV manufacturing capital of America. Production is down, especially on models that are not considered low end. RV sales are down. Most dealers are carrying less inventory and then only their bread and butter models.

All that being said...you may be able to negotiate a deal that gives you final right of refusal should the unit not meet your expectations. Worth a try and if successful, would minimize the risk for you.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
New Camper

Custom Camper no longer sells Cross Roads.

Use Beaver Camper in mass close to the BIG E fair site. They are awesome and greatly priced, they will order what ever you need. I bought a 2008 ST30 from them last year,
dougandbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Custom Camper has a Zinger and Sunset Trail on their webpage and they list them both?? What's the deal?

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to New Trailer Mom
I just emailed Beaver Camper yesterday, waiting to hear from them, and I also discovered thatÂ*
Crossroads Rv out of Middleboro Ma. now carries Cruiser 5th and Sunset Trails, so I also emailed them to give me a price as well.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
New Camper

I would call Beaver vs. emailing them. Speak with Brian
Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
New Camper

Custom Camper lost the contract with Cross Roads. The only units they are selling are those that they have left over from 2007 / early 2008.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Any reason why? They are listed on the new feature to find service centers.

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #10
New Camper

I am not sure all I can say is that I had a very bad experience with them. I was being sold a unit that was flooded and was told it was a refrigerator leak. Not sure what happened afterwards.

Where in Connecticut are you?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

New Milford, near Danbury. When we were looking we were going to get it in PA, but it was far (and that dealer is gone now.) We found Custom Camper. A friend just got a Flagstaff from them.

2006 GMC Yukon Denali