Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Best Route to Pigeon Forge

Wondering if anyone could suggest the best/perferred route between Maryville TN and Pigeon Forge Tn. My destination is the Creekside RV park in Pigeon Forge. Hwy 411 will run into 441 and come in from the north (lots of traffic) or 321 comes in from the south. Looking at Google maps I'm seeing lots of twist, turns and grades on 321. I'll be pulling a 37' Kingston 5er.
Thanks, Randy

Randy McCaslin
Jonesboro, Georgia
2010 CR Kingston 35SB
2011 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison
rvscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We always stay in Townsend, TN. It has a several nice campgrounds and is much less crowded than Pigeon Forge. It is on 321 about 15 or 20 miles east of Maryville and roughly 15 miles south of Pigeon Forge. 321 is narrow and curvy for probably the first seven miles heading out of Townsend toward Pigeon Forge, however that is the route I would take from Maryville. The traffic from I-40 exit 407 on in through Sevierville and into Pigeon Forge is horrible. Wider and better roads, but not worth having to deal with the traffic. There is really only one bad hairpin on 321 between Townsend and Pigeon Forge, and the road is widened there to help trailers navigate it. Plus, you'll go through Wear's Valley on the way, which is nice scenery.

Seriously, check Townsend out while you are there. It is close enough to Pigeon Forge without the crowds and noise.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks, The hairpin turns are what my primary concerns are on 321 but based on your info I think that will be the route I take. I really don't want to deal with the traffic on 441. Leaving here in Jonesboro in the next few minutes hoping to get through Atlanta without too much hassle.
Randy

Randy McCaslin
Jonesboro, Georgia
2010 CR Kingston 35SB
2011 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison
rvscooter is offline   Reply With Quote