Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
New Camper

Just bought a 2012 Cruiser Aire CTL27RB. I have 3 issues so far:
1. The San-T Flush hookup to the black waste tank doesn't work. Water won't enter the black tank for some reason.
2. The stitching on the couch (both arm pads and back cushion) is very poor and is tearing. In fact the seam on the right arm pad has a 12" tear just above the Velcro.The couch pulls out into a bed.
3. The outside outlet states that it is gfi protected but it doesn't work. Neither does the tv outlet on the ceiling. Both outlets worked last time we camped. I assume they're on the same circuit. I've checked the breakers and fuses on the panel but I see nothing tripped or blown. Not sure where the gfi is located that protects that outside outlet.

Will be getting the couch replaced under warranty, but wondered if anyone has an idea on how to fix the flush and the outlets.

Thanks!
Cruiserbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sounds like a gfi blown. They would more than likely be in the kitchen and or the bathroom

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have needed both San-T-Flushes replaced, one under the two year factory warranty the other under my Xtra Ride extended warranty. Two different repair places replaced with Tornado flushes.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

You should find the GFCI outlet in the bathroom. Trip the circuit at the GFCI and reset it. If that doesn't restore outlet power your most likely culprit is the GFCI outlet itself. We had the very same issue with our last TT. These are typically very inexpensive devices from the factory. We purchased a really good one from lowes/Home Depot. Around $10-$15. Fortunately we've never had a problem with the tank flush. Can't offer any advice for that one.

Enjoy your TT.
Equal-I-Zer Hitch
DW ,Daughter
Millie & Scooter (man's best friends)

Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The flush screen screws into the black tank (on mine it's on the opposite end of the tank from the drain valve) and gets clogged from TP sloshing around while driving. You have to drop part of the membrane and unscrew it from the tank (tanks empty!) and clean it. Mine has done this twice. Fortunately, I know where mine is and only have to remove a little of the membrane to access it (just enough for an arm or two to get at the darn thing).

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #6
New Camper

Thanks everyone! Found the gfci outlets in bath and bedroom and reset them so they all work. Will check out the San-T-Flush repair a bit later.
Cruiserbrad is offline   Reply With Quote