Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
tom, as far as the window being different from the one I looked at in the showroom there wasn't much I could do about it. I called Crossroads and they said that the window should be the same. But as we all know they probaly ran out of the that size and they ordered what ever the manufacture was making at that time and was cheaper. The slide not working is someone never pushed the connector on all the way because they are trying to push them out the door. I'm just glad it happened during the PDI and not when I was out camping somewhere. Other than a few minor things that went wrong during the 1st year, we are very happy with the trailer. We'll see how year 2 goes.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Looking at your window issue, there is a disclaimer for that. We learned with our first Zinger that the lineup changed, so we didn't receive the same trailer we ordered. There were MANY differences, some much bigger than a different size window. Because the basic quality of the unit was there, we still took delivery.

Moral of the story - if you ORDER a trailer, you should be prepared for tweaks/changes to the unit. Supplier changes, design changes, and part availability affect the end product. Crossroads (and all other brands/manufacturers) have the right to change these things, and they state that right in their literature. This philosophy carries thru more than just the RV industry.

If you want exactly the same features a showroom unit, then you better buy the one in the showroom. If something is NOT what you expected, you do have the right as a consumer to refuse delivery and purchase a different unit. Not the answer most expect, but it is what it is.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
So true on the disclaimer. But what we may have lost out on the window we gained on other things like they got rid of the Swintech slide sysytem and changed the color of the front cap to beige to prevent the fading issue. All in all I probaly came away with a better trailer in the end. Like I said in a earlier post, there were some silly things that should have never left the factory like they put the door for the bathroom and bedroom on backwards. The bathroom door opened so you would have to go down the stairs to get in. Not very safe at night. Overall we love the trailer and over time I will have fixed everything to make it my own.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL

Old 01-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

Does the door open out? I think that is a safety thing for occupants. our bunk door opened out, and hit the bathroom door. I flipped it and we are MUCH happier.

If you have room inside bath, you may be able to simply remove door/frame and turn it around. I only had to drill a new "hole" for the latch. Cheap plastic "frame" is siliconed in place. I reinstalled same screws and reglued when I turned it around.

Glad no Schwinteks, too. Our slide is "old school" rack and pinion. Seeing issues on here, I am happy about that.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Yes the door opened out into the main cabin. The issue I had was that the door knob was on the left side of the door. So when you opened the door it had to swing to the right, so you would have to go down the steps then open the door then climb back up the steps to get in the bathroom. I took the door off and filped it over and mounted the hinges on the left and drilled the hole in the right side doorjam. Now we can swing the door to the left and walk into the bathroom without going down the stairs.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL