Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
New Camper

New Owner Questions

Sunset Trail 32RL

What is the rectangle unit outside on the roof directly above the fridge area ?
For winterizing we have the tech at our trailer park do our winterizing....will he be able to access the kitchen sink area enough if we put both of or slides in or will we have to wait until the winterizing is done before we can put them in for the winter ?
KimNels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:45 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

That would be the Refrigerator vent I would think that he would be able to wonterize with the slides in
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNels View Post
Sunset Trail 32RL

What is the rectangle unit outside on the roof directly above the fridge area ?
For winterizing we have the tech at our trailer park do our winterizing....will he be able to access the kitchen sink area enough if we put both of or slides in or will we have to wait until the winterizing is done before we can put them in for the winter ?

The tech will need access to all the faucets and drains in the unit. With that said, you can answer your own question. I have to put out my slides to access my bathroom.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
New Camper

This is our 1st season and we are in a park, we have only had it for 2 months and have not put the tips back in yet.....Our 32RL has the bathroom right as you enter the trailer so it is completely accessible but the kitchen sink is in a center island and I'm not sure if it gives them enough working space to reach the sink when the tips are in....I thought if someone else has the 32RL they would know, I guess we won't know until we put the tips in and if it's an issue we will have to keep one tip out until the winterizing is done. The hydro will be shut off in our park by then so we will have to rely on battery to put them in.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

just hook wiring up to truck if your battery is weak. there is no reason you cannot open and close the slides when ever you want to.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
New Camper

I wasn't sure when I posted because we had not had the tips in yet because we had only had the trailer for a couple of months and we have it parked in a RV park. We have the tips in now and the trailer has been winterized. The tips come in very close to the middle kitchen island and on the left side there is no room to fit in to reach the sink but on the right side there is just enough room to squeeze through and reach the taps and sink to winterize without having to move the tip out of the way.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
have not put the tips back in yet..... I'm not sure if it gives them enough working space to reach the sink when the tips are in....I thought if someone else has the 32RL they would know, I guess we won't know until we put the tips in and if it's an issue we will have to keep one tip out until the winterizing is done. The hydro will be shut off in our park by then so we will have to rely on battery to put them in.
What is a TIP and HYDRO?

Same as a slide and electrical pedestal? How did these get the name of a Tip and Hydro???

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB (basically its a Zinger ReZerve 35' bunkhouse that has been decked out Texas style)
FireRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #8
Site Team

I think he's calling the slide outs---tips.
Hydro, I'm taking for electric.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
Site Team

...or,, could hydro mean water??

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Pretty sure it is electric power. Canada is the worlds second largest producer of Hydroelectricity. (China #1)
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

We in Canada refer to electric power as hydro because it was made using hydro, as in waterfalls. I always make sure to refer to it as power or electricity when talking to Americans.

Of course these days our power comes not just from water but also nuclear reactors and other sources. Our power company in Ontario is called Hydro One.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

I've been in the power industry for 25 years. Hydro is definitely the preferred method of generating electricity. Once the dam is built and the turbine-generators are installed, the fuel is free. We've got several hydro-electric dams in our system, along with coal fired plants, nuclear, both simple and combined cycle natural gas, and even some wind and solar. It's been an interesting way to make a living over the years.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by socoguy View Post
Pretty sure it is electric power. Canada is the worlds second largest producer of Hydroelectricity. (China #1)

I believe you are correct.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 11-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #14
Family Vacation Member

It's a Canadian thing...campers have tip outs and we pay our hydro bill every month. After I type this I'm putting on a bunny hug and goin out to pick up a 4l jug of Homo milk for the kids, a mickey for the wife and a two-four of 50 for myself. Beauty night to watch the game.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #15
Site Team

Okay. How about this??

Quote:
“I’m going to collect the loonies and toonies out of my knapsack and head to the Beer Store for a two-four. On my way back, I’ll pick us up a double-double and some Timbits, then we can have that back bacon for breakfast. If you spill your Tim’s because I’m driving 20 clicks over the speed limit, I’ll give you a serviette to use in the washroom. And don’t worry—I’ve got a mickey of vodka to put in our Caesars. Save me a seat on the chesterfield, eh?”

Old 11-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #16
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRob View Post
What is a TIP and HYDRO?

Same as a slide and electrical pedestal? How did these get the name of a Tip and Hydro???
Haha...ooops sorry, it's a Canadian thing !! I forgot the USA doesn't use the same terminology as us campers North of the Border. In Canada we call the slide outs "TIPS" or "TIP OUTS" and electricity is also known as "HYDRO" here. My American friend laughs when we call our RV a TRAILER....I've been corrected and told in the USA it's known as a CAMPER.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:31 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Haha...ooops sorry, it's a Canadian thing !! I forgot the USA doesn't use the same terminology as us campers North of the Border. In Canada we call the slide outs "TIPS" or "TIP OUTS" and electricity is also known as "HYDRO" here. My American friend laughs when we call our RV a TRAILER....I've been corrected and told in the USA it's known as a CAMPER.
No worries, I figured out what you were saying just cant say I have ever heard any of that before.

Now for the conversation that Mark and 8iron were having... I am not even going to try and understand that one!

Well ok, I got to know, what is a "bunny hug"?

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB (basically its a Zinger ReZerve 35' bunkhouse that has been decked out Texas style)
Old 11-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

Quote:
. My American friend laughs when we call our RV a TRAILER....I've been corrected and told in the USA it's known as a CAMPER.
Also on this, Me being completely new to the "camping with a roof, walls and tires" I have been highly enlightened about the names.

I now know that they are all "RV's", before I started looking to buy one, to me an "RV" was a "motor home" and a 5'er and TT were just "Travel Trailers" and a "camper" was a empty shell you put over the bed of your pickup.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:39 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

Here is some help to decipher our Northern Neighbors slang. http://blog.tedactive.com/2013/04/24...ould-memorize/
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

Cute, eh!

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote