Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
New Camper

Purchased 2012 Slingshot 24RB this spring and we are very happy with it. We've towed it over 5000 kilometers so far including a recent 3000 kilometer trip to the Canadian Rockies.

We had looked at the Slingshot models last year, but we were happy we waited until this year to buy as the 24RB was exactly what we were looking for and the outdoor kitchen sealed the deal.

Not to say that there hasn't been a few a few minor issues, but the dealer has been quick to fix.

The wife loves the big rear bathroom with lots of storage. In our last trailer you couldnt shower without getting water all over. In this unit thats not a problem and the switch on the shower wand is a great feature. The queen bed with the addition of memory foam is very comfortable, but may prove to be a little short for anyone 6' or over. We like the shelf over the bed with plug ins and reading lights. As mentioned the outdoor kitchen is great and although I had heard negative reviews of most RV bar-b-ques, we find this one works quite well. We didn't even realize when we purchased that it had an electric water heater, what a great feature. The pass thru storage is very roomy. The TV folding upto the ceiling is a little inconvenient, but is needed to maximize space. The kitchen and dinette are laid out very well, although I think the dinette/bed with small Cushionsmay not be very functional.

As we have a smaller tow vehicle, 5000lbs capacity weight was a concern. At 4200 lbs dry this trailer is pushing the limit, but hasn't proved to be an issue even on our recent trip thru the mountains. After doing some research on anti-sway hitches, I installed the Pro-Pride 3P Hitch System and have been very Impressed with this combination of tow vehicle and trailer and hitch.

All in all it's been a great camping season and I look forward to many more.

Kim
KEG306 is offline   Reply With Quote