Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Exclamation Awing Support

Well....I made the rookie mistake that I mentally noted never to do. I cranked the awning closed without lifting the pin out and sliding it down to the base on one of the support poles. You could imagine what happened....the inner support is now bent enough that the outer piece won't slide (and in turn the awning won't close).

Please tell me that I can buy a new support pole (the one with the holes in it that attaches to the RV at the bottom and that can be removed)??

And if so.....where can I buy this? Quickly (-:

I can post pictures later on if needed. This is on a 2014 Crossroads ZR1 25BHS.

Thanks!!!!
RVBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Yes you can buy that seperate. I had a ;arge gust of wind take ours out in Texas a few years ago,(While sitting under it) Called a largeRV place, and they had several different ones in stock. Took off the old one matched it up and we were on out way
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Excellent. Thank you. A bit more detail. Its a "Pioneer Lite Patio Awning" (Carefree Of Colorado). Their website is pretty bad though. Not easy to find what you're looking for. Even the owners manual seems to call out every part # except the one I need (and I would think it would be the one most need).
It does appear to be the "Arm Channel" (the right hand side or crank side) that I need.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Here are a couple photos. I see where I can purchase the entire arm assembly, but I don't need all of that....I just need that inside piece of aluminum.

ps3a817f96.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1[/IMG]

Tags
awning