Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis321 View Post
I have a 2013 Rush. Jefferson and am trying to work on AC before I leave for work again. Pulled return air covers off and found only a small opening so I cut the opening to fit covers (basically doubled the size) hopefully this will help. Also I have a buzzing coming from the rear most vent (very annoying) pulled the cover to no avail. Tomorrow I'll pull the unit from the roof and check out the duct work! I can't believe that these campers are made by the same company as the Redwood I've always heard good things about redwoods and thought (mistakenly) that these would be the same. The more I research the more I read about the very low quality of craftsmanship. I'm glad I'm a person that is very handy with many crafts so I can fix most of these problems myself but I am very disappointed after spending this amount of money and will NEVER recommend the Rushmore brand.
You might be disappointed even more if you owned a Redwood, it has it's share of problems as well. Friends own a 2013 Redwood, faded front cap, kitchen sink is sagging/leaking, trim falling off, range exhaust vent cover broken, and these are just the few things I know about.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #22
New Camper

Well removed the rear AC from roof today and found a mess! The plenum was very poorly sealed & found that I only have 1 side of ductwork going rearward so I only have 1 vent for the very rear of the camper. I guess they were running low on ductwork that Friday or as someone had said they couldn't remember where they stopped at Friday on Monday morning! So the noise (hornets nest sound) came from a broken section of duct, I performed my best contortion act & taped it off as best I could. I then turned my attention to the plenum, after some sawing with a small pull saw and coping saw I opened up the front wood blocking the ductwork. I used some spray foam for large areas then taped off everything else. Tested out the unit afterwards and NO NOISE! Whew.... Now I'm inside sealing off the vents inside. Hopefully this will do for now, I'll be ordering some additional vents to instal next week. Hopefully I'll get all this done before my next job starts. Oh and last week I rebuilt the pedestal under the end of my bed & put several pcs of trim back in place. Also bought some liq. nails to try to hold the trim on around the wall of the slide out(fingers crossed)
Oasis321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

I added two A/C vents on the other side of the ceiling fan. Stays nice and cool now.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...?t=6561&page=3

Gary
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #24
New Camper

All work for nothing

Even after all this work cooling was only slightly. I added an additional AC which worked very well. But alas this was only the beginning of the problems so even after all the work I did I chose to cut my losses. Tired of finding one thing after another. I kept the unit only nine months.
Oasis321 is offline   Reply With Quote