Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

Lenny:

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. We're presently on week three of our trip through New Mexico and southern Arizona with plans for stops in Utah when we head back home to Colorado when it stops snowing in our hometown. Hurricane, UT is on our list as I like the golf course there and the proximity to Zion's Park for hiking. What's the name of theRV park you stayed at? It looks great! Thanks.

Russ

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

It was Willow Wind RV park. We were in a new section, so the trees are a little short. We chose a back in space, and as you can see it was a little tight to get my truck in there. I kept the rear jacks on the pad, but there is gravel if you wanted to back up more. No street parking, and we paid 30 bucks a night for 50 amp, water, sewer. Not sure if we had cable or not, never hooked it up. Here is their website : www.willowindrvpark.net

On another note, we did hook up our cable twice. Only got a small percentage of the advertised channels. TV is a 42 inch LCD HDTV, so why don't I get the digital channels?

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Not to hijack but I took apart the black tank inlet and the valve. Everything seemed to function correctly after testing it. I think the blockage is past the valve and inlet. I took the hose that goes to the tank and put my air hose to it, it won't move air at 50psi at all. So, I dropped some high powered tank cleaner into the line directly until I filled the line. I will let it sit overnight and hope that the crud gets loosened up.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
Not to hijack but I took apart the black tank inlet and the valve. Everything seemed to function correctly after testing it. I think the blockage is past the valve and inlet. I took the hose that goes to the tank and put my air hose to it, it won't move air at 50psi at all. So, I dropped some high powered tank cleaner into the line directly until I filled the line. I will let it sit overnight and hope that the crud gets loosened up.
Why don't you get a STIFF HEAVY wire and see if you can run it up in there. They might not have cut a hole for it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:48 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Lenny, sounds like you had a blast - thank you for sharing your pics.

albi
albianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

It was a great trip, and even though it was our first trip ever not in a tent, everything went really smoothly. No major problems with the unit, no stressing out, just a great trip. Truck and trailer worked well together, and everyone enjoyed themselves.

SOB 5er
Old 05-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny
It was a great trip, and even though it was our first trip ever not in a tent, everything went really smoothly. No major problems with the unit, no stressing out, just a great trip. Truck and trailer worked well together, and everyone enjoyed themselves.

That is the best testimonial for getting the RV. "No problems, just a great time." If life could be measreed that way how great would it be/ Glad you had a good time, keep it up!

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

Lenny-

Thanks for the tip on the Willowwind campground. It's now on our list for our trip back to Colorado. As to your problems with cable there, we were at a campground in Albuquerque where we hooked up to their cable system. Pictures were lousy, so I suspected their system was older analog. I then raised our TV antenna and scanned for channels. The over the air digital HD channels knocked my socks off. I don't think the pictures could have been any better on our new Vizio 22" 1080p TV. Don't know what the over the air signals will be in Hurricane, but I'll find out. Thanks again.

Breckenridge, CO
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
Old 05-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
Seasonal Camper

coastn,

I did not try the cable at Willowind, so I can't say anything about the TV there. It was by far our favorite campground. You can't go wrong there.

I never thought to try the OTA antenna, will have to check it out sometime. I was thinking that the TV was not set up for digital channels for some reason, although I don't know what that would be. Thinking back, the only place I tried the cable was in Roswell NM. According to the campsite handout, there should have been 65 channels. I was able to get 15. And no hockey on any of them! Perhaps it was just that campsite? Will definitely need to try it out elsewhere and see what I come up with.Edited by: lenny

SOB 5er
Old 05-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #30
Full Time Camper

Lenny-

This is our first trip with the new TV. It incorporates a digital tuner which, I believe, most if not all of the newer HDTVs utilize. Each time I set up in a campground I have to set it to scan and programcable channels if that's what I'm connected to or scan the antenna channels for over the air reception. It was a learning process, but now I've got it down pat. The over the air channels in Albuquerque, Tucson and Phoenix have been fantastic. Granted they're only the major networks, but the picture quality is superb. You can get more channels with cable, however the picture quality may not be as good unless you can connect to a HD cablesystem. In a campground? Yeah, right. But what the heck...you're camping!

Breckenridge, CO
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
Old 05-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #31
Seasonal Camper

Just an update-

We went out again last weekend for 4 nights, which were great. Even had the Mother In Law out for Saturday night/Mothers Day. All good. But the thing that really surprised me, was when we were at the dump station I tried the black tank flush again. And it miraculously worked! And wow, did it ever work! I can't beleive how much extra stuff it knocked off and sent out. I'm hoping that valve is now good to go, but we will see. Won't get to go out again till mid June though...Edited by: lenny

SOB 5er
Old 05-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #32
Seasonal Camper

glad the tank is fixed.I cant believe no one commented on the picture that said do not take photos..your trip looked like a blast we were out in march/april and did not see a lot of crossroads products either guess everyone is waiting for the sun.Thanks for sharing

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #33
New Camper

Lenny, We just bought a 2010 Seville CK35 In October and saw many on the lots with the cracks in the rear cap like you showed.What has happened to your's? The dealer told us it would be fixed if it happened. Also, we can't winterize without crawling into the belly and turning the yellow knob on the water heater, which we didn't know when we bought it. Thought that winterizing system on the outside should do it all. At this point, we wish we had bought another brand. We are not that young anymore and don't like to think we'll have to crawl in and out each time we winterize or dewinterize. Ours has a 16 DSI heater which I found out later was only a 10 gallon with cold water added as you use it, not good because you get cooler water in the shower every time the pump kicks on. HELP
Old 02-04-2010, 01:57 AM   #34
Full Time Camper

Two Old Campers, we have the same 16 gallon water heater setup in our Paradise Pointe. If you will turn that yellow handle to where it does not blend the hot water with the cool it should fix your cool water issue in the shower. At least it did on our unit.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #35
Seasonal Camper

The winterizing process is a pain, but if you don't want to do it most dealers will for a reasonable price. The rear cap never did crack any more, but it was fixed under warranty once we were done for the year. As far as the hot water goes, we have never had an issue, so I'm guessing I set the valve to not blend. We are very happy with this unit, but as it is our first we don't have much to compare it to. I would certainly buy another Crossroads product due to the quality of construction and exceptional customer service.

SOB 5er
Old 02-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #36
New Camper

Hunter 11, Thanks, We will try turning the yellow valve. Which way do you leave it? Horizontal or vertical?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #37
New Camper

Glad to hear the company took care of the cracks and yes winterizing is a pain. There must be a better way. I just don't know how. I'm not sure I'm doing these posts right, since I'm new at this.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #38
Full Time Camper

Two Old Campers, I wish I could tell you which way the handle is turned but I am at work and the trailer is 25 miles away at home. If I can check it out this weekend I will and get back.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #39
New Camper

Just wanted to let you know we got our winterizing problem fixed. No more crawling in the belly to turn the yellow knob. Called Randy and he told our dealer to put a check valve in the line to the heater. It worked and now we can winterize and dewinterize by turning the two knobs on the outside. Randy sure is a nice guy. It only took about 20 minutes for them to fix it.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #40
Seasonal Camper

Excellent, glad to hear you were able to get the issue resolved!

SOB 5er