Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

My 09 33sk has the easy winterizing set up but when I followed the instructions in the manual I could not get the RV plumbing antifreeze sucked up from the jugs and into the system. I tried everything I could think of including looking for suction leaks, open valves etc but no way it would work. I ended up blowing all the lines out with air and dumping some RV antifreeze in the P-traps.
In my last 5th I had no problem doing the winterizing by sucking the antifreeze into the system using the water pump and pressurizing the system until it blew out through all the taps and toilet.

By the way I have never used the water pump as I have always been on city water hookup.

Anyone else run into this situation?

Thanks Ken
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Possible the pump need to be primed. Mine lost the prime last year, never use it re primed it last week

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:04 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Mine seems to get air locked and will not suck anyanti freeze until I open a tap. As soon as I open the tap on the kitchen faucet it starts sucking it up immediately.

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:56 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I had one in a Sprinter that would loose prime and the only way I could get it going was to raise the tube out of the antifreeze bottle and fill the tube full of antifreeze, have someone turn pump on and as it was pulling fluid out of tube, shove the tube back in the jug. On my cruiser I only have to open a faucet and it will start pumping.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Are you sure the pump was running? I'm sure you've seen my step by step instructions for the 33SK. I had never run my pump either but it worked right away. Make sure you turn the bottom blue valve in the water compartment to divert the water from the fresh tank to the hose.

Ken

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Yeah, the pump was running and it burped a little antifreeze into the system but no matter what I did it would not get into a good healthy stream of antifreeze going up the tube, whether a tap was open or not. Also, I did switch the winterizing valve over. I did not try priming the pump and didnt think I should have to. It almost seems as if it has a leak in the suction side some how. Anyway I got it back to the dealer to get them to fix it, especially if it is a warranty issue.
Thanks for your suggestions, Ken
Old 11-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrifik
Yeah, the pump was running and it burped a little antifreeze into the system but no matter what I did it would not get into a good healthy stream of antifreeze going up the tube, whether a tap was open or not. Also, I did switch the winterizing valve over. I did not try priming the pump and didnt think I should have to. It almost seems as if it has a leak in the suction side some how. Anyway I got it back to the dealer to get them to fix it, especially if it is a warranty issue.

Thanks for your suggestions, Ken
Let us know what the final outcome is. Something does not add up.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Update: rcflyer you were right something does not add up. The dealer had no problem so I asked him, "what did I do wrong?" so he showed me how he did it which was no different than I had done, step by step. SO as you can imagine I was baffled??? Anyway still a mystery but I have it properly winterized now!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
New Camper

I had allot of trouble with mine for no good reason I could find. What I did Ifind was with the pump running turn the winterizing valve off then on and the pump would work like a dream. Some how that primed the pump well and would work until the bottle was empty. Then you had to do it agian but it worked like a charm.

Sorry for the late reply but I have not been aroung here for a while.

good luck

Chevy 2500 Duramax 2006
1Kingston4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
New Camper

Can you please link me to your step by step winterizing instructions? I am totally confused by all the valves on my 31.5' Kingston. It has a winterizing valve on the exterior wall and two valves on the water heater plus what seems to be a mixing valve. HELP!

ithomsen is offline   Reply With Quote