Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well, converter #6 took the long nap while we were in Alberta, Canada. We now have #7 installed and running. We now have 2 new orphan trailers to join us. In addition to the Paradise Pointe, they no longer make the Kingston or the Seville. The new units are the Rushmore and the Redwood. They only have one wood for the cabinetry - it'sCherry.

I don't really like it as we like thelighter oakinterier so we did not see anything we would buy at the Rally. The Rally was a great time and we have reservations for next year. There were approximately 38 CrossRoads units and 90+ peoplein attendance. At this rate, we may outgrow the Shipshewana North campground.

Pointer 1
pointer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Seems odd they can't get your converter issue worked out by now. That has to be worry some wondering when the next one will fail. Are they replacing them with the same unit each time or have they tried a different brand?
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I agree with Keith. Really seems strange to go through that many converters. Seems to me there is something else that is at the root of these issues.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Exactly Stan. And a electrical issue would not be a good thing to have in an RV.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Randy and his crew have had every outlet and light pulled out and checked every wire they could find. They moved the converter and even put in a 75 amp unit. They could find nothing. If it wasn't for the cabinet wood I might have bought a new unit. I'll just have to wait till the offer something other than Cherry or find another manufacturer.

CrossRoads only uses one brand. It's the same one that every one of you have. Made in china.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Why not STOP making everything in China, and make something here. JIMAR
Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I wish they would make more stuff here. My last trailer was a Holiday Rambler. It was a 1988. I kept it for 20 years. At 19 years the refer went out and just before I sold it the Hot Water Heater went out. I didn't mind replacing them as I know I got my monies worth on the originals. Probably 90% of the components were made here.