Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
New Camper

Aligning or adjusting slide

Hi

I have a 2014 Cruiser 355BL with a kitchen slide. When closed the lower front of the slide is not snug with the coach. Every other corner of the slide is tight and snug with the coach. Wasn't too worry until I looked from the inside and I can see light coming from that corner. Seems I have to make a small adjustment? But have no idea where to begin. Any one have links to videos or printed material that would explain how to adjust? I am certain it is a Lippert slide. There is gears underneath driven by one main axle.
Crusier2014355BL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

From the manual (I downloaded manuals from the Lippert site):

Vertical & Horizontal Room Adjustment

NOTE: All slide out room adjustments must be performed by certified service technicians. Adjustments made by non-certified persons may void any and all warranty claims.

Horizontal adjustment (Figure 6)
1. Loosen 2 carriage bolts “A” on each bracket located at the end of each guide tube.
2. Room is ready to be positioned horizontally by pushing on the outside, sidewall or by using a prying devise inserted into the opening between the room and coach.
Note: Use caution when using prying devise so seals do not become damaged.
3. Once room is located, tighten “A” carriage bolts.

Vertical adjustment (Figure 7)
1. Loosen 2 carriage bolts “A” on each bracket located at the end of each guide tube
2. Loosen jam nut
3. For vertical adjustment turn vertical adjustment bolt “B” up or down to locate room height.
4. Once room is located, tighten “A” and Jam Nut bolts.
Attached Images
File Type: png Figure 6.png (194.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png Figure 7.png (181.7 KB, 19 views)

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

And there is such a thing as TOO much adjustment...

Make changes VERY little at a time and test repeatedly before another change.

be pretty bad to break something...
Old 09-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Be very careful. It's not near as easy as the short instructions make it seem. The adjustments interact, especially the in/out. Mine had a similar problem. It seems when originally installed the gears on the slide were off by about 3 teeth. I moved it one tooth and get it close enough for me. When I get more time I'll move it the rest.

If the horizontal and vertical on yours is correct then you may need to count teeth on the racks underneath and see if they are the same. As said mine were 3 teeth different and it caused the back to close before the front.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I can appreciate wanting to do things yourself or out of necessity, but the fact that yours is a 2014 I think I would have dealer do it. As Bob posted how to do it, the NOTE states it can void your warranty if you don't get it right then take it in.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
New Camper

Hi all...thank you very much for the directions, insights and comments. I will take a closer look.

As for having the dealer make the adjustment that would be preferred, however my warranty ran out in May and unfortunately my Dealer (who may still do it for no charge) requires me to drop the trailer off to have any kind of work done - and they are disorganized....they tell me it will be done "tomororrow" or "this week" and 3 weeks later the trailer is either still there or I am moving it back and forth before and after weekends. I am going to take a look at where these carriage bolts are and then decide. Thanks again.
Crusier2014355BL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I adjusted both of my main slides soon after I bought the unit. But adjusted vertical only. From what I observed based on paint coverage on the slide mechanism, Lippert set them at one end of the adjustment when they built the frame. Then CR moved them to the opposite end, exposing unpainted metal. Unfortunately, that had the slides dragging on the main floor and since I ordered my unit w/o carpet, they would have damaged the vinyl pretty quickly.

Anyway, I fixed the problem by adjusting them closer to the original Lippert position. But that also creates a cosmetic issue, since CR didn't set the vertical adjustment properly before they finished the trim, now the outside lower trim and decals on the slide outs do not match with the main body when the slides are closed.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Here is a Shwintek Video....Don't know if it applies to yours.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote