Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I have been looking for a quick-connect LP hose that fits my outlet and will fit to my grill, which takes a 1 lb disposableable bottle.I would like a hose that is at least 6 ft long (preferablly longer) just to be able to go to the far end of a picnic table and feel safe aboutthe 5'ver.Cant find one or anything that will work, what have others done? Does anyone use the LP quick-connect?

Flyone
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I can see one problem. The grill wants hi pressure propane from a bottle. The quick disconnect is low pressure, IE it's downstream of the regulator. If your grill has the flame control on the regulator it won't work. If the flame control is downstream from the regulator then you could remove the regulator and hook up to the quick disconnect.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Clif, I was thinking that the regulator may still work it dosent know what presssure it may be seeing from a bottle, and has to adjust for all--even when the bottle is almost empty and as lower pressure. I was hoping it would still work--seeing the low pressure that it needs to work and let it pass thru. Thanks for the input, may need to look into it before spending $$ for a hose connection.

Flyone
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I found my quick connect to be very lousy. the first time I twisted the valve, the handle ended up in my hand, I swapped it for a natural gas bbq quick connect. I attached a 10ft hose to my bbq and had steaks that night. I have a new valve and quick connect thats much easier to work with and worry free.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I spent hours trying to figure out which parts to get and I finally gave up on using the quick connect. It is on the low side of the regulator, and I think it's not going to work through another regulator.

For next season I'll get one of those Coleman distribution trees and carry an extra 20lb tank.

<strike>2004 Dodge Durango</strike>

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 Slingshot GT29BH
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

If your grill has the flame control on the grill and after the regulator it should work just fine if you eliminate the regulator. I have one grill that the little bottle connector, regulator, and flame control are one unit. It won't work. I have another with the individual burner controls on the grill and a pigtail that goes to the regulator which mounts on the 20lb tank. It will work just fine if I take the regulator out of line.

Theoritically anyway.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I bought the fittings at an RV shop and had a 12 foot hose made up. I removed the regulator on my Weber Q grill and it works perfect. I think the cost was around $70.00

Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Avvidclif, and others thanks for the input--exactaly the infoI was looking for. Both my grill and my griddle have the bottle connection--flame control and regulator all as one unit. I guess I'll have to lookfor other options. Sounds like I may be stuck buying and carring around 1lb bottles for the time being.

Thanks

Flyone
Old 01-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

You could look into buying a 5 lb., or 11 lb. tank and adapter hose. I carry an 11 lb. just for my grill. Got it and the hose at Lowe's. Tank stores in tool box in truck bed.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

I went through this same exact problem, I couldn't figure out why it was so hard to find the right products, I was trying to eliminate carrying the small bottles of propane. I ended up changing the regulator on the grill with one that eliminates the pressure regulator since the supply line from the coach is already low pressure, then simply tied two quick disconnect hoses together to obtain a 6 ft long hose and it works great. Found everything on Amazon from Camco if I remember correctly. I can look for part numbers if you need more info.
gregoja11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Look at Amazon.com and search for Camco #57274 RV Control Valve and Camco #57280 39" Propane quick disconnect hose to see if it will work in your case. I purchased two of the 39" hoses and connected them together for almost 7 feet of hose. My grill was just a small basic grill from Home Depot, nothing fancy and it works great, and I don't have to carry those small bottles of propane.

gregoja11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:31 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

greggoja11, thank you very much, I will look up those parts on amazon,

and post the results.

Flyone
Old 01-31-2012, 03:50 AM   #13
Site Team

I used the Camco line of products also, when I plumbed into the LP line on the camper to hook up our Olympian catalytic wave heater. The quik couplers are the nicest I have found.
I didn't get by the cheap tho, I bought from local dealer.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

The camco parts on Amazon looked good, however you have to be able to remove the regulator from the pigtail tube that goes to the burner.Both of the appliances that I use on a regular basis that cannot be done. Thanks for the help---I'll carry 1 lb propane until I replace the grill and the griddle. I guess I could maybe find a way to come off of the LP tank prior to the regulator, but that is probably more trouble and maybe more dangerous than carrying around LP bottles.

Flyone
Old 02-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #15
Seasonal Camper

My Cruiser didn't have a quick connect so I bought a Camco T I fit right on the bottle. A little teflon tape, twisted the bottle a bit to provide the room for the T, purchased a hose with a screw connection for the T and the other end went into the regulator on my roadtrip grill (same end as a 1# bottle) No more throw away 1 pounders, cheaper and more green. The only hangup is don't run the tank out. I now run the other tank first....found out the hard way. But I do carry a 1# backup. Maybe 40 or 50 bucks
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote