Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Glide room motor and shaft

About a month ago the glide room motor on our 2005 Cruiser 28FB broke. We took it to the dealer soon after that with a few other issues to fix. Since starting this process we've gotten no where close to getting it repaired. The dealer keeps telling me that Crossroads does not know what part we need. This seems strange in that its Lippert slide equipment which I thought was standard on many Crossroads models at that time.

Has anyone else needed to repair or replace this equipment? It does not make sense that this would take this long to repair - dealer issue? Comments welcome. Thanks.

Bruce & Sherry
2013 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi
2005 Cruiser CT28FB
and Lilly the standard poodle
BruceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you, or your dealer tried going direct to Lippert?
Seeing as this isn't a warranty issue, I would think that would be your best/fastest route.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Most of the trouble back then were broken shear pins, which many replaced with a bolt.
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

It would seem to me that a good dealer service department would know what part they need and where and how to get it. Sounds like an excuse to me.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

They did get it figured out. Sure felt like they themselves were out RVing and not being diligent about the repair. I had to do it mannually on two trips but hey, what's wrong with a little exercise?

The bright side - We are finally running with the entire unit in one piece - all things working well. Now just hoping for some dry weather.

Bruce & Sherry
2005 Cruiser CT28FB
Old 06-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

What was it that failed exactly. I only ask since I also have a unit almost that old and am curious what the motor # was and how you ended up getting it. Not sure when motors start to fail. Mine have all been working great.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I'll get home and double check the work order. It seems to me it was the main motor gear drive for the glide room, plus a shaft. I think I messed up the shaft myself trying to do it manually - yes, I learned enough to be dangerous.

Bruce & Sherry
2005 Cruiser CT28FB
Old 06-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #8
New Camper

Also curious to know what they ended up replacing... Second time out with our 2010 31QBHS and the slide wouldn't come out. It just clicked loudly when pushing the button to move the slide out (like the sound of a slipping gear). Broke the manual crank out shaft, so had to disconnect the shaft from the slide bracket and crank it out manually from underneath the slide. Can't see anything with the bottom of the trailer being fully enclosed and didn't want to start cutting things apart at the campground!
TheManitoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Your experience sounds just like mine. Only we didn't get ours out once (purchased used) as it broke sitting in the driveway. Our bill was around $620 for motor, shaft, labor.

My biggest beef was all horsing around claiming Crossroads didn't know the part etc. - this didn't seem like complicated science.

Bruce & Sherry
2005 Cruiser CT28FB