Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

The one that I had installed looks the same as the picture that you posted. Just doesn't have the 3 sticker. The one I had installed on the 29RK was the exact same pin box.

On our trip to Topeka and back the trailer just about beat us to death with all the bouncing and back and forth. Especially on the Interstate Highway system where they have the expansion joints. Had I been thinking I would have gone over to the Mor/ryde plant in Goshen and had it changed while we were there. The Roto-flex appears to work fine for some folks, but for my set up it was no better than a standard pin box. For my set up the Mor/ryde takes out the majority of the bouncing and back and forth movement when on a rough road. I had basically the same issues with the 29RK and the Mor/ryde solved those as well.

'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #22
Seasonal Camper

What do you think?

I am at a GVRW of 11,610

03- is 11,500 or less

04- is 11.501-14,000

Which one do you think is better, Go softer or lighter? I am pretty much on the edge. Looks like the one Farmer has is an 03 and he is heavier than I by a few pounds.

Farmer, Did you pick that one out or did they suggest it when you ordered it based on your GVRW?

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #23
Site Team

I called Tweety's and gave them my info and they said this is the one I needed. I don't think I want anything any stiffer. Might just as well keep the Lippert if you want stiff.
Let it work for you.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #24
Seasonal Camper

update
Moryde RPB72-03 Ordered, Tweety. I just ordered the 03.. with 11600 on the sticker, If we are at that, We have to much stuff. We don't bring a lot of stuff anyways, We travel light and we are not full timers. Full timers i would think have more stuff. Plus we are talking a difference of 110 pounds. And i didn't want the stiffer one.

Calling tomorrow to get camper on the schedule to get out of storage and inspected.
Getting Truck out of storage next sunday.

Pinbox should be in by then, They i can try her out.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #25
Seasonal Camper

Update Again.
Tweety just called me. Said i ordered the 18k pin box. heavy duty. And it would be tough for them to get. RPB72-1621SHD Hats off to them to question it and notifiy me. My order also states (under 11,500 lbs)

So the order is on hold until i figure this out, Because my camper is in storage and unable to measure, For at least a couple weeks.

If you look at Tweetys listing for the lipperd 1621. It states RPB72-1621/HD* (Doesn't have the "S") Under 11,500lbs. http://www.morryde.com/uploads/produ...on%20Guide.pdf

If you go here, http://tweetys.com/morryde-fifth-wheel-pin-box.aspx it shows two listing for the Lippert 1621.. The bottom one will give you the S, And the top one won't. Both for under 11,500lbs..

SO do i have a S ? I think i just need a HD.. Not SHD the SHD will ultimate result in a 18,000 plus pin box, Even though the order stated under 11,000.

Confused. They said folks send them back all the time because they aren't right. They said to measure it. Tweetys site only shows the HD, dimensions. Also the moryde site don't show me dimensions for the SHD either. Just the listing that shows the SHD is in the 18k+ weight range. http://www.morryde.com/downloads/tec...on%20Guide.pdf

Thoughts.. ? Just order the RPB72-1621HD Under 11,500k ?</span>

Now the pictures.
Tweety is the only one that mentions the "S"hd. Shows two options for the 1621. Moryde site don't show the "S"hd option at all.

Tweety another reference to the "S"hd.. Again, No mention of that option on moryde's site

Morydes site, No reference.

Should i just adjust my order so it don't say the "S" hd, But like this, Just RPB72-1621HD Under 11,500 lbs.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #26
Site Team

I just went out and looked at my old lippert pin box. The # on it ----Lippi1621

Looking at my invoice for the Mor/Ryde----it states--RBP72-1621HD-03.
Hope that helps.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Thanks Farmer. Perfect.. I am so glad they called. Good crew there at tweety.
I must have clicked the wrong one 1621SHD and it was some sort of super heave special when it should have been 1621hd

I will call them back and get this moving again without the "S"

Thanks for all the help with this.. Been most helpfull. Figured i should ask for input from you folks that have been there, before i tried to do this on my own.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #28
Seasonal Camper

Update.. WOW tweety is the best. Just received today.. FAST.. Just what i wanted. Now i just need to get my camper out of storage next week.. Truck is coming out Sunday.

Mor/Ryde though, we need to talk !..
How in the heck do i get this sticky wrap plastic mess off without damaging the paint. It doesn't say anything in the instructions that 6 hours of finger nail scrapping required. Stumped. I even tried using the hair dryer...

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #29
Full Time Camper

Try some Goo Gone Adhesive Remover. You can buy it most anywhere.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #30
Seasonal Camper

Thanks George, Had some and let it soak in. But it didn't touch it except the glue from the area i got the plastic off.

That was a pain in the sewer pipe.. Man my hands are sore, 1/4" by 1/4 ".. I got it. Took about an hour + the 1/2 hour i spent last night. If you order one, do yourself a favor and tell them to email you the install instructions or just have them use masking tape to hold it on. Dang. Let them take it off before you get it. Why in the world would Mor/Ryde do that ! Dumb. Not tweety's fault though.

Well, Warmed it up with the propane tourch, Being careful not to burn/blister the paint. Used a old yard stick (pc of wood). Reaching for the plastic buddy knife occasionally. Got the plastic off, then lots of soak with this white gell paint thinner(had some laying around), Soak, wipe, soak, wipe, more yard stick, Soak, wipe.. Finally finished and looks good. Very very small scuffs marks but only noticeable if you catch the light just perfect right. Nobody will know it was there. for sure.. Almost perfect. The paint don't look any different, still shines.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #31
Weekend Camper

Leaving to go pick up my Morryde pin box this afternoon to install this evening. Gotta get her ready for the trip tomorrow to the Texas Rally in Kerrville. Thanks to all who commented in this thread for helping me make up mind to install one. DW and pooches arelooking forward to the smoother ride!By the way, I ordered the 1621HD-03.

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #32
Seasonal Camper

How did it go with the install.. Did you have that killer sticker on there?

My pin box in on my shelf ready for the install as well. Camper comes home from storage Saturday morning

Lets us know what you think about the difference of the pin box..

Have a safe, fun trip.

Edited by: danskool

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #33
Family Vacation Member

I am sure glad I am not looking to buy one of these items as this thread would and does have me totally confused.
As I know it all three of these are designed to do virtually the same thing,reduce or eliminate the chucking between the tow unit and trailer.
The posts on here say it addresses the ride and sway motion also,cudoos to the manufacturer of a rubber block Vulcanized to a steel plate that can do all of that.
Many of the things discussed are components of the tow unit suspension not the connection status..
You could assume by some posts that these units are a air pinbox or hitch by virtue of what some are proclaiming that it does, it is a device to control the chucking between the two units which is correct.They are all so similar to achieve the same result let your money do what's best for you. Over a previous standard pinbox I am very happy with our Trailaire pinbox.jb
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #34
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B
I am sure glad I am not looking to buy one of these items as this thread would and does have me totally confused. WHY? This thread was about me in search of a pin box for my particular 5th wheel.. And which manufacture seemed to be the most popular. They are all good, I just wanted to pick one that was more popular. To eliminate or help with the chucking i feel in the cab from the interaction between the truck and camper. push pull, push pull.. Spill coffee,, push pull.. And the rest of the thread was about my venture in purchasing one the right size and fighting with the sticker removed
As I know it all three of these are designed to do virtually the same thing,reduce or eliminate the chucking between the tow unit and trailer. Agreed
The posts on here say it addresses the ride and sway motion (where does anything in this thread say that? On a particular website that was linked? ) We have been talking about "chucking" also,cudoos to the manufacturer of a rubber block Vulcanized to a steel plate that can do all of that. Yes sir, Nice invention
Many of the things discussed are components of the tow unit suspension not the connection status.. What discussions other than chucking? My trailer is not bouncing around or swaying or has anyone else mentioned a sway problem or a bouncy ride due to suspension. Maybe a word or two about "chucking" A ride quality issue in the cab

You could assume by some posts that these units are a air pinbox or hitch by virtue of what some are proclaiming that it does, it is a device to control the chucking between the two units which is correct. Now you got me confused
They are all so similar to achieve the same result let your money do what's best for you. Yup i did, I ordered the pin box that i can find the most reviews on and discussions on the internet. Over a previous standard pinbox I am very happy with our Trailaire pinbox.jb That is awesome, Glad to hear and I hope that i am please on my similar,(will do the same thing) but different manufacture pin box also.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

Dan: I thought this was a great thread. After just doing a round trip Ottawa to Orlando and back in the last month I found that I suffered chucking at times and then the rig would settle down and be smooth. This thread has got me thinking that maybe a mor- ryde would be a good investment.

If anyone who has self- installed a mor-ryde could report on how the installation proceeded, it would be most appreciated.

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #36
Family Vacation Member

Dan I to enjoyed your quest for good info cudoos for that !

I just said what I did as in the over view of what I read some of those outside the box issues were said or alluded to.

I am not one to embellish other than in facts as to how a piece of equipment works.. Sway &amp; bounce are components of the tow vehicle/trailer suspensionnot a chucking reducing or eliminating pinbox. They stop/reduce chucking .. as they were designed to do. You have it very right ,push /pull push/pull !!Sorry I did not mean to denigrate your quest,if so I apologize&gt;.Jb
Old 04-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #37
Seasonal Camper

No problem John B.. All is good,, Cheers..

Boomer, that chucking was why i wanted one.. It will beat us up at times and on certain roads.. Yesterday mom and dad road along with my wife and I to go get the camper out of storage. My dad commented why did you want that pin box? When we got to section of roadway what started the chucking. he understood.. HA.. When we got home we settle in the camper and installed the hitch. Install was pretty easy. Fit in the exact same holes and the measurements were the same. Notice the foam board so the pin box don't turn in to a bee or bird nest?

This picture had me run back out in the rain to see what that scratch was on the nose cone. Up from the pin box an slightly to the left. It wasn't there.. Maybe dad dragged his finger through the water. or it was a reflection off of something. Phew,, I would have blown a gasket it if that scratch was really there.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #38
Weekend Camper

Thanks Dan - Good - info. Could you report back after your first trip? I.e. Does the chucking disappear? get less? etc.

Thanks

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #39
Seasonal Camper

We have a summer spot for the camper to park and it stays there. We go there every couple of weeks. . Our spring camping trip was canceled due to a family wedding. So the trip to the summer spot will be a test, short as it is. This will happen in a couple weeks. Can't wait to hook up and go for a test. Plus we take it to a few places through the summer, Memorial day weekend, 4th of july.. Week off in august. A big run in September to Myrtle beach is a good test for sure. So the reports on how it is will come slowly through out the summer. This year just looks iffy.. Tons of stuff going on with weddings and all..
Edited by: danskool

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #40
Weekend Camper

Dan,

The install of the new Morryde pin box couldn't have been easier. I already had the old one off, and I borrowed a transmission jack from work. Slid the new pin box onto the jack off thetruck bed, rolled it into place, raised the jack and put the bolts in! 10 minutes max! The difference in ride in the truck makes traveling fun again. My DW commented that she now enjoyed traveling without all the chucking. Mine did not have the plastic pouch for the installation instructions glued to the pin box, which I was really fearing after your post. Got lucky I guess.

Glad to see you got yours installed. You'll like the difference.

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote