Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We own a 2009 Kingston SB33. Have had constant problems, but our biggest is our black water sprayer keeps plugging up. Does anyone else have this problem. WE are beginning to think it is a design problem.
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Sorry that is a KF30SB.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

We had the same issue in our 2010 Cruiser. The Cruiser has two black tanks as we have the 1/2 bath in the master bedroom. The back black tank's sprayer stopped working. I took it in to a Crossroads dealer for repair. The service person told me that she didn't think CR would approve the repair under warranty but she would try and they did approve. The tech told me the sprayer was installed at the end of the tank not in the middle where it should have been. He replaceda very clogged nozzle relocated to the middle of the tank. Works fine. The front sprayer did the samething but this time I took the RV to a local RV park, rented a space and ran about 80 gallons of clean water into the tank through the toilet. After that the front sprayer is working well. The trick is to not dump the tanks until at least 3/4 full. Once you have dumped about half of what is in the tank turn on the sprayer and see what happens.

Good luck.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I took down my underbelly last weekend for the sprayer which was actually a real easy job with a cordless drill and a socket bit. Anyways, the tank sprayer is at the end on the long side which is NOT where the manufacturer states to install these! IMHO Crossroads has installed these in the wrong location becuase they are too high up on the tank wall away from the tanks low point thusthe screen becomes clogged with toliet paper and solids.

I am now using the sprayer EVERY time I dump and it seems to keep it clean. I thought about buying the "Tornado" brand rinser, installing it in the correct location while using the factory pumbingto operate it. I would cap the old rinser and leave it there.

In addition, your vacuum breaker on this thing can fail. That was my other issue with the rinser last year. In all honesty it's a POS.Edited by: mwebber78
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks everyone who responded. We were certain it had to be installed improperly, just not sure what we are going to do about it. This rig has been one problem after another and we have only had it since Oct.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Mine was deemed not functional by my dealer before I picked it up, so he replaced it. Not sure if he used a factory replacement or his own. But have not had any problems.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
New Camper

I have not had a problem with mine but when I tow the black tank is always empty so does not get sloshed around and potentially hang up on the flush nozzle.

Chevy 2500 Duramax 2006
1Kingston4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

When you run the black tank flush can you hear any water rotating around in the tank? On our last trailer, when we used the black tank flush you could clearly hear it rotating around, like a thud thud, thud thud etc, a rhythmic whooshing sound but when I run the flush in the Seville I really don't hear anything. We definitely have water entering the tank and yukky water rinsing out but I suspect that there is no rotating spray going on in there, is that normal?
albianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Yup. There is just a small plastic nozzle that doesn't move. Basically sprays is all directions but gets clogged easily.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote