Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
New Camper

I own a 2010 Kingston. I had a blowout on the right side, which damaged the plastic wheel well cover.The dealer replaced it. but it doesn't have the crossroads logo, it's just a generic cover.They said crossroads doesn't carry the part anymore. Does anyone know how many years they keep parts on the self? The cover looks just like the ones on other crossroad r.v's .why can't they replace it with one from a rushmore?
Old 07-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Suggest you contact CR, they were able to get me the decals for my 2011 Seville after a blowout last summer.

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
GaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the info i'll give them a call. You just reminded me about my decals. Crossroads doesn't have them either. I know they quit making Kingston ,but shouldn't they keep parts for a while?
Old 07-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxhog

Thanks for the info i'll give them a call. You just reminded me about my decals. Crossroads doesn't have them either. I know they quit making Kingston ,but shouldn't they keep parts for a while?

Most likely they will keep parts until the end of the warranty period for the last unit of a specific model. After that they may not replenish their stock, just let it exhaust as dealers and owners buy items. So, high demand items may be long gone. It is also possible that new models may use the exact same item as yours, but w/o an up to date cross-reference, they can't just guess and ship you something that may be wrong, or spend the time on research. My guess is that with software updates, their inventory and cross-reference software may no longer include the Kingston. If you find a newer CR trailer that has the exactly part that you need, jot down the year, model and VIN, then ask your dealer to order the part using that info.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I thought I read a post on here this week by someone that said Crossroads would no longer sell parts to the public you had to go through a dealer. I guess the dealers wanted their piece of the pie.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
I thought I read a post on here this week by someone that said Crossroads would no longer sell parts to the public you had to go through a dealer. I guess the dealers wanted their piece of the pie.
Yea, that is one more unfortunate step backwards for CR.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

That would have been me Keith. CrossRoads said I had to go through my Local CrossRoads dealer to get the parts. I said where is there a dealer in Mississippi they were real quite and than admitted there is none. Ended up havinf to order from an Indiana dealer and dropped ship to the RV out fit repairing mine. By the way this is the Largest dealer in the state
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote