Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
New Camper

hampton 380qb

We have 2015 Hampton 380qb. Have 2 issues and wonder if anyone else has had the same. The first is a squeak in floor near fridge which I am guessing plywood or screw not adhering. is this covered under warranty or is there a fix other than tarring out the bottom cover and working up?? other issue we have is air conditioner which should be plenty does not seem to have enough flow in the vents and also can not maintain cool. I have temperature gun and it will show 4w from duct but little air flow and then by mid day in sun reads 60 so unable to keep trailer cool at all
lookin4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Take the covers off the AC vents and look in there with a flashlight and a small telescoping swivel mirror. Sounds like the AC run might not be sealed up. Make sure it's taped/sealed to each outlet, and make sure the ends of the run are sealed on both ends. If that doesn't help or take care of it, you might have to check the AC it's self to see if they installed it correctly. Some times the air box is not sealed.

As far as the floor squeak, I don't know what to tell you that would be a simple fix. A lot of them do it, including mine. I have learned to ignore it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #3
Site Team

This may work if you can find the joist and can do it in an inconspicuous place.

Counter-Snap Floor Repair Kit - The Fix for Squeaky Hardwood or Vinyl Floors

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote