Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
New Camper

Anyone have a Z1 252BH?

I am looking at purchasing a 2015 Z1 252BH. I really like the floor plan and the second door for the bathroom.

Does anyone have this model? If so, what do you like/dislike about it? Has it stood up to travel and camping?

Has anyone passed up this model for a different one and why?
mdgreco191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I have the Z1 252TD which I belive is the same

Mine has the ATV deck on the front but the trailer is the same layout.

We love ours, however we have only used it 2 times while towing it back from the dealer. It had the usual issues; floor bubbling minor fit and finish but all were fixed at our local dealer the first time. Mine is a pain to tow because of the long deck the wheels are soo far back you have to take a semi trailer view of going around right hand corners. you will not have that issue because yours is 10 feet shorter on the toungue side. the rear bathroom door is great and also provides nice breeseway in the summer with both doors open. one drawback is the bunks stick out quite far and the inside bathroom door can only open so far.. If your like me .. well um..lets just say with some girth its a sideways step to get into the bathroom. other than that is great, and NO SLIDES! if you browse this forum or any other for that matter 90 percent of all serious issues whether leaking or operation/ funtion even on brand new trailer is with those pesky slides. Sure you cant have a dance party in your trailer but it will spend alot less time at the repair shop..lol
Good luck with your hunting, I hope this was helpful.
Ron
Old 01-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We have the 251BH which is the same except we have a narrower triple bunk in place of your double bunk. We do like the extra door, it makes rest stop potty breaks easier for our potty training toddler.

We do wish we had a slide now so the kids had more room to run inside on rainy days. Also, there is no room to store the stuff for the people that sleep in the bunks. Their stuff ends up being stored on those bunks and they sleep on the couch/dinette. The available kitchen counter space is way too small.

When we purchased we were limited by a different TV. If I were to buy something today it would probably be a North Trail 28BRS or Rockwood Ultra Lite - 2702SS
2012: 10 Nights & 254 Miles

Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks RONSTAR and Antares.

We are purposefully looking for a TT without a slide. The mechanical issues, possible leakage, and added weight are all things we wanted to avoid. Slides are popular, but just not our cup of tea.

Does anyone else have feedback on this model?
mdgreco191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

We had the predecessor, the Zinger 27BHSE. Loved it, but wanted a slideout.

You say slides are not your cup of tea. I agreed, until I spent some time in one. If your TV can handle the size, I would recommend a Zinger 26BH or 28BH. The super slide is AWESOME and you WILL love the space!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Hi, we just purchased one last weekend....Wondering the same thing...Will be trying it out for the 1st time in February....
South Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:44 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Hi again, I know you mentioned you have 2 narrow. bunk beds, we have the 2 double bunk beds.but the mattress is shaped funny...Do you know if they take double sheets or queen sheets....Thanks
Old 01-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Hi Ron, Does your camper have 2 double bunk beds...If so do they use double sheets or queen sheets. The matress seem to be an odd shape. Thanks
Old 01-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

South Carolina, we have the odd shaped double bunks as well. I use sheets for a full sized bed and they fit just fine. It is a PIA to get the sheet tucked in tightly on the funky corner.

The Duncans
2015 Sunset Trail Reserve ST28BH
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500hd crew cab 4x4
Mr. T and Ms. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

LOL, Thank-you Mr T and Mrs. B. I will get the full size.....Happy Camping