Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Angry bought a 2014 crossroads

bought a 2014 crossroads . Just turned a year old last week. Bump out keeps leaking, replaced walls of bump out. Front seal on roof where cap meets leaked replaced front cap still leaking besides other issues. Patience wearing thin
wayne bair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Who is doing the work, dealer or factory? I've read several good reports on here of good support from the Crossroads factory on issues like this one. In most cases, if you talk to them right, they will even arrange for transportation from your home to the factory and back. You'd better stay on top of them before you run out of warranty. Good luck!
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:21 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Horror story

Dealer is doing work. Crossroads called me. I have to call them back today
Old 10-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne bair View Post
Dealer is doing work. Crossroads called me. I have to call them back today
Wayne
make sure when you call the customer service people, at CR Factory, that you have them put everything that has transpired on your campers file...That way it will be an existing claim under warranty, plus CR will have the option as to whether they will use that dealer as a repair facility in the future...Because evidently your dealer has not been able to address your problems....
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the advice sleepy t the dealer has all the records. All the work was warranty. Dealer had all the records. That had to get approval from cr they should have the records.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to tomandlori
My camper has.been back to crossroads 3 time for the same water leak. All work was.warranty. but I am out $700.00 for gas and days off work. I had to drive it there and pick it up. From Detroit MI.
tomandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Same here hour each way to take it back to dealer
Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Thanks for the advice sleepy t the dealer has all the records. All the work was warranty. Dealer had all the records. That had to get approval from cr they should have the records.
I wouldn't count on the dealer having the records, unless you can get a copy of them in your hands. Dealers can have a weak memory when it comes to stuff like this. RV warranty work and automobile warranty work are two completely different things.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
Old 10-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
Site Team

I take pictures, send a copy to both the dealer and to Crossroads. Request a receipt that the email has been received. (that's an option on your email)

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:36 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Thanks for all the help. Been in contact with CR. They have the history on the unit.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

found out why slide out is leaking. Walls of slide are not square and marker light was leaking up front allowing water to get in the cap. Been in contact with CR. Waiting to here what they are going to do about it
Old 10-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
found out why slide out is leaking. Walls of slide are not square and marker light was leaking up front allowing water to get in the cap. Been in contact with CR. Waiting to here what they are going to do about it
Hope that they step up to the plate and take care of it. If it is the result of shoddy workmanship and not lack of maintenance, they shouldn't even argue about it. Hopefully they won't. Good luck!
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
Old 10-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

We have our trailer in to a local dealer for service now. The drain broke off the fresh water tank, one of the closet doors keeps falling off the rail, and the bed separated from the wall in the slide. While addressing that problem, the dealer found water damage where the water was coming in through the slide.

We have had a lot of issues since we bought the unit last year in the spring. Everything has been under warranty. My husband's patience is wearing thin. I like the trailer a lot in spite of the issues we have had. I like the floor plan, the color, the shape on the outside, the key-less entry, the weight of the thing and the storage space. I have yet to see a trailer I like better than ours. That's why I want to persevere and keep this one.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

This camper just turned a year old in October. The people are friendly at CR that i talked to ,but my patience are wearing thin. They wanted me take the trailer back to the manufacture. Told them it is back at the dealer and they can contact the dealer. CR tells me that they are going to call me, . I have to keep calling them. Hopefully i can get some compensation out of them. I just want to get it fixed so i dont have to run an hour back to where i bought. Any suggestions?
Old 10-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

slide out has been an issue from dau one. brand new 2014 st 270bh October was a year old. Only got to use it 5 times. Been at shop more than at my house. All the time and fuel getting it back to where i boughtit. Hoping to get some kind of compensation
Old 10-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

found out slide out walls are not square. Just waiting to see what CR is going to do
Old 11-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

I have a 2014 crossroads sunset trail 32bh and have many water issues and slide issues. The main slide was not made plum on the left side and came in uneven and ripped floor. Rails and motor replaced and floor fixed. I have had continual water leaks coming from main slide. It has been supposedly fixed, at dealer again hopefully third time a charm. Cap light is missing and sunroof over shower missing one third of it from branch I am guessing. Getting it fixed as I type wish me luck.
onlywvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

onlywvu, I would call CR. Very nice people Calling Monday morning to find out what they are going to do with the unit. It has been at the dealer for 3 weeks. They keep telling me that they waiting to here back from CR. Good luck on your unit. When I dropped mine off there was a person behind me having same problem. They told me that it was their second unit. First one had so many water problems they gave them another