Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Leak by fridge/kitchen slideout

Took our 32RL out this weekend to the coast. Was a little rainy, but nothing terrential. Twice I noticed small puddles of water near the fridge, by the kitchen slideout. At the base of the fridge cabinet, near the kitchen slideout. Cant tell if it's coming from the fridge, or something is leaking up top. Any ideas on how to best troubleshoot ? No water under the fridge in the storage cabinet. No water in the food storage compartment in the kitchen. Just tossing it out there to see if anyone else has had this particular leak.

Charlie In Texas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hillcountry.jpg (211.5 KB, 3 views)
cwalther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Don't have any first hand experience with that leak but looking at your picture, I would start my search with your fridge vent on the roof and/or your kitchen slide seals. Did the water show up with the slides in or out? A good way to find it would be with a garden hose sprayer on the outside around the slides but not on the roof while someone else is looking inside. If nothing shows up then start spraying the roof around the vent (from a ladder) but not spraying the slide if possible.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I had the same exact issue, It is the outside kitchen drain leaking . If you pull out the outside fridge you will see a cheap plastic fitting, this fitting craks very easy. Our dealr took care of us by replacing the fitting with a much more heavier one. Free of charge. There are two of those cheap fiting, one is under the fridge INSIDE THE CAMPER, if you take out the draw that in under the fridge you will see another one of those cheap fittings. I think they are gray in color, not sure. But if you take it in to get fixed, have them replace both of them. Shouold be under warrenty , our was.