Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

2015 st28bh

Hi I ordered a 2015 st28bh about a month ago. We have another month to wait before we get delivery. I have read most of the treads on the forum and I am getting a sense that crossroads have addressed a lot of the historical problems. Does anyone know if there is further changes between the 2014 and 2015 models? Any watch outs that still linger with this model? Thanks in advance for your responses!
tkowalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Just like with any product there are things that go wrong during production. Around the internet I've always believed it to be a 50-1 problem report vs no problems report ratio. You will always see the same usernames complaining about the same issues on multiple forums.

My 29BH was built in November so I'm not sure if it's a 2014.5 or a 2015 but the 2015 on the internet looks exactly the same.

Take the time to do a comprehensive inspection inside an out before you go though the pickup walk though. If your not sure about something document it and ask. We had some small issues with ours when we picked it up last week but nothing significant.

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Congratulations on your new purchase! I do not have information on what changes have taken place between the 2014 (my model year) and the 2015. What I can tell you is that we LOVE this camper! The features are beautiful, there's lots of space for sleeping and storage and just walking around. It's pretty impressive for it's length. We have had no major problems with it whatsoever!

A couple of improvements that I wish they would make would be:
1. The a/c vent that's in the bathroom should really be further out into the living area where it could point into the bunks and into the bathroom. It gets hot in those bunks!
2. The faucet in the bathroom is puny and hardly comes out over the sink. Just a longer faucet head would be fine - nothing fancy.

OK seriously...that's about all I can think of right now for major improvements...and they're really pretty minor. It's a great trailer. Enjoy it!
Edge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

congrats on your new ST. may it bring you many happy camping trips.

coopers dad- if your TT was built in nov it is probably a 2014, I don't think the 2015's were out yet.

edge- we have the same airflow issue on our zinger 26bl. the bunks are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. we have a fan that we set up in the summer and circulate the AC in there. in the winter I pad her pack n play door with pillows and just dress dd warmly and cover her with warm blankets. she has done fine in 32 degree weather outside like that.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Hi Edge2. How does your truck pull the trailer. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 sport that will be pulling the same trailer. Did you have to add air bags to trucks back suspension?
tkowalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Hey TK! Our truck pulls the ST28BH just great! It's a Laramie and has a Hemi...so not sure if that's the same as the sport model or not. We did find that there was sag when we hitched it up, even with the Blue Ox. So we added a pair of these Timbrens (bump stops):

http://www.etrailer.com/susp-2012_Ram_1500.htm

Our mechanic installed them for free because it only took them 10 minutes. (Would have done it ourselves except we didn't have a good jack.) And they really did the trick! No more sag and they don't require any adjustment. Relatively inexpensive as well.

Good luck with the new TT. We really love ours!
Edge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
New Camper

I just picked our new 2014 st28bh in February. I love it but have noticed a few small issues with it. Bathroom floor formed a bubble by the vanity. Slide seals on the bottom are crudely cut and let in wind and light. Front decal is chipping. Rear stab jacks work intermittently I believe do to poor wire connection at motor. We are actually taking it out for its maiden voyage this weekend.
CLupien is offline   Reply With Quote