Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Mounting TV in 2014 Zinger TT 32QB

I bought a Samsung LED TV which is a 32 incher (Model # UN32EH5300FXZA).

I need to hang it in the TV rotateable (if that is a word) section between the master bedroom and family room.

How much weight can the wood support? My TV is 12.8 lbs?

What kind of tv mount should I buy/install? Samsung has a mini wall mount kit. Would this work? See link....
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs-accessories/WMN350M/ZA

My concern is that there is a sticker on the wood stating support for tv mount. It is centered in TVs rectangle section. I don't think the above 2 devices would hit the area. Thoughts?

Was thinking that my best bet would to buy mount that pulls out and pulls TV at angle (e.g., towards coach). Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
New Camper

Hi there . We have a Zinger 25 RB and are looking at the same issue I.e. How to hang our 32 inch RCA on that rotator. The dealer wouldn't mount the TV because they said quote "they fall off and they don't want to be liable".
I was thinking about screwing a small square of 5/8 or 3/4 inch plywood on both sides of the rotator which would accommodate dimensions of the bracket - then screw the tv mount to the plywood. The dealer said that they have heard of tv's falling off the rotator if they are left on the bracket during prolonged storage and if the rv is pulled over rough roads with the tv attached to the bracket. In other words I guess they recommend taking the tv off the mounting bracket for storage or travelling?
I will be interested in hearing what experience other owners are having with tv's mounted on them" rotator"
lclowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We have a 32QB and plan to mount a 32" TV in the swivel.

I intend to use a Dynex mount from Best Buy ($20) like I did in our previous unit.

http://www.dynexproducts.com/product...DX-TVM111.html

Unit states 13-26", but after owning this bracket it will hold a 32" if secured properly. It also makes it easy to lift TV off when traveling.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
Ken
Weekend Camper

I just bought a mount that has worked out great for our new Zinger. The mount hold up to 60 pounds and we have the option to travel with it mounted. I also made a mount for my office so when the trailer is in storage I am able to use the tv at home. Here is the link to the one I bought

http://www.wallmountworld.com/Detach...ush-detach.htm
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I just bought a mount that has worked out great for our new Zinger. The mount hold up to 60 pounds and we have the option to travel with it mounted. I also made a mount for my office so when the trailer is in storage I am able to use the tv at home. Here is the link to the one I bought

http://www.wallmountworld.com/Detach...ush-detach.htm
Thanks for sharing. However I favor ewbldavis recommendation over your's so far. The dynex is only 20 bucks and my TV is not even 13 lbs.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post
We have a 32QB and plan to mount a 32" TV in the swivel.

I intend to use a Dynex mount from Best Buy ($20) like I did in our previous unit.

http://www.dynexproducts.com/product...DX-TVM111.html

Unit states 13-26", but after owning this bracket it will hold a 32" if secured properly. It also makes it easy to lift TV off when traveling.
EWBLDAVIS - Did you find for the screw holes to lign up w/ the back of your 32" TV? Usually 4 screws connect but what I have found is that only the top 2 connect and not the bottom 2. Wondering if you have the same issue but maybe 2 screws is sufficient? thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Raz...I PM'd you.

I can't use that bracket...

We haven't bought the TV yet, either. Looking at a Samsung 32"
2014 Zinger 32QB
Old 01-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Does one use a couple short wood screws to attach the tv mount to the embedded 2x6 in the rotator or use longer screws and nuts at the end. Just curious what others did. Was hoping to not go all the way through the rotator and added nuts (less visually appleasing).
Old 01-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
Ken
Weekend Camper

On my mount I used six wood screws that did not go all the way through. My mount is pretty heavy duty because I like to travel with my TV attached and not have to worry about it. I did use the thickest wood screws I could and pre drilled the holes and it has been more than antiquate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer 1.jpg (38.8 KB, 133 views)
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Ok...we bought our mount. Raz - not the same one I mentioned, but cost effective:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dynex-lo...&skuId=9873278

Has quick-release to remove TV when traveling (as I prefer to do). Not crazy about how the TV can slide side-to-side a bit, but some foam tape fixes that.
2014 Zinger 32QB