Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #21
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Hensley. Very happy with it.
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #22
Family Vacation Member

I just ordered it yesterday, I just couldn't handle the sway anymore.

Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #23
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken07734
I just ordered it yesterday, I just couldn't handle the sway anymore.
You will be very happy. I you have questions let me know, I will try to help if I can.
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

I can't wait to try it out! Going a campin again next week and I'm hoping to have it together by then.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

I pull with a ProPride 3P. It does what its supposed to ..eliminate sway.

Bugger to install (give yourself a solid afternoon to full day) and more expensive but peace o mind is worth it.

OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #26
Family Vacation Member

I have done quite a bit of research and found that the 3P and the HA are basically the same "type" of hitch. It virtually moves your pivot on a TT to the rear axle of your TV or as close as can be for your specific rig. by doing this you prevent the "sway" that most of us out here have felt and almost sold our new TT's because of ( I'm guessing). Anyway, It doesnt matter to me which one I have as long as the hitch works as described to me. This go around I was able to purchase a remanufactured HA for my TV/TT for less than a new one and cheaper than the quoted price of a 3P (new) as no remanufactured 3P hitches were available. It was nothing personal, I simply wanted a better price concidering these hitches in my humble opinion are priced WAY too high. Since I'm concerned for the safety of my Family I am forced to purchase one of them to give myself piece of mind when loading my most precious of cargo into that TV... Now, I am sure someone has a comment or concern for purchasing reman as opposed to new but What a law suit ( whether won or lost) there would beif the most strigent of checkpoints weren't completed to make sure the reman was as good as the new version before it was sold to a customer so I am sure both companies do their best to maintain the quality control needed to give them piece of mind at night knowing Families ARE literally putting thier lives on the line by using the product. So, I don't subscribe to any comments on "you should have spent the money and got new" I'm guessing that either companies reman product willlast under normal conditions a long long time as long as it is treated with respect and inspected regularly to catc any problems before they become really big ones. So goes my two cents! Sorry for the mispelling but I have damn fly hitting my touch screen asd I type and I'm too tired to go back and edit...
Old 05-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

I will put in my opinion, but I am fairly new to towing a TT; although I have a couple of years experience driving semis. I purchased a Sunset Trail 33BD(7868 lbs empty) and 37' long from tongue to rear bumper, towing it with a 2010 F150 Lariat, in MI and towed it to MN. I have about 1000 miles under my belt with an Equilizer hitch, and have been very comfortable. I am very happy with the Equilizer. The only sway I encountered was in 30 knot winds and pushing the speed 65-70mph. Once I slowed down to around 60, the sway was non-existant with the Equilizer hitch. I don't know if any hitch would eliminate sway with high winds and high speed, the the option to slow down is always available, no matter which hitch you choose.
Happy Camping
b727capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #28
Family Vacation Member

When I first jumped into this world of RV traveling I wasn't prepared for ALL of the items and issues I would have to deal with to just get from point a to point b. Now I will say that going from tent camping to RV camping is a DRASTIC change and a very nice one!, When I woke up the first morning in my new 2013 trailer and it was a chilly start but I and my Family were toasty warm in our beds that we had already added extra cusion too to feel like being home it was great! The biggest sell for me was to shuffle to the bathroom and close the door and hit the vent as I scrolled thru my Ipad for the morning news and what have you without worrying about spiders or bugs crawling on me and smelling the nastyness of the campgroung public bathroom. there are other things that made it feel so homey but I'll stop there as you get the idea and I'm sure you ALL know the feeling....
Old 12-18-2017, 08:34 AM   #29
New Camper

Just to be clear, there are two separate concepts here. A weight distributing hitch works to level the tow vehicle by distributing the weight of the trailer front to back. You don't mention what the hitch weight is but if you take 15-20% of the total weight you can still have 600-800 pounds on the hitch. With a light truck, weight distribution would absolutely be a good idea, in my opinion.

The second concept is sway control. That's the second part of Jon's reply. That keeps the back end of the trailer from fishtailing as you buck side winds and semis on the road. Absolutely a good idea too. With weight distribution and sway control you should be ready to roll.
alexramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #30
Site Team

This thread is pretty old.
It was started 9/2011 that's over six years ago.
The last post was 5/2013 that's over four years ago.
It's probably time to start a new thread when they get that old.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote