Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Inverter positioning: I was just reading all the forum comments about the Kingston RV's. We have a 2008, 33' fifth wheel Kingston KF33SK. During the holidays after we had purchased our unit, we had a problem with one of the Ground fault receptacles going bad. During the process of checking out the wiring on the unit, we found that the inverter was mounted on the floor in the storage compartment directly under the water filter. UGH, water and electricity do not mix. As soon as I found this, I had to move the inverter. It is now mounted on the wall next to the receptacle that it is plugged into. This had to be an oversight during manufacture. Electrical devices should never be placed in a position where water could be spilled on them. I let the dealership where we purchase the unit know of the situation and what I did to rectify the problem.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

You could also send a comment to crossroads. On the home page is a place where they ask for people to send them comments and suggestions.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
New Camper

I have a kingston 36ck it was this way too, Ialong with the inverter plug by the water filter moved both water and power don't mix.

2004 Dodge 3500

2010 Kingston KF36CK
transdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I found the same problem with my 2009 Kingston 33 SK and moved it up to the wall as well to get it off the floor. It is much tidier and less cluttered besides being out of any standing water damage danger. At the same time I drilled and tapped the bottom of the water filter housing and installed a machine screw with o-ring. This is to allow me to drain the filter housing of water to make it easier to remove the cover to replace the filter.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:06 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I like the idea of the filter drain and will do the same to my unit. Thanks, Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year to all.