Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #41
Full Time Camper

Wow...talk about feedback! I was scrolling and did see a couple of posts from CR...which proves they at least hear us. While I think the new look is kind-of cool (I am 35)...but many of you are right...they missed the mark here. Give the Spring launch - it is also NOT a good time to have products missing (we have a Zinger SE...not even on the site yet...if it is still available). And we all agree if you can't find something...you wonder if it still exists (I thought they dropped this great forum!).
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 AM   #42
Weekend Camper

Seems most are looking for something like " Outdoors Rv's " web site.
http://www.outdoorsrvmfg.com/
Not to say Crossroads have to copy but certainly more appealing to me and most here.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #43
Weekend Camper

CrossRoads Marketing here - thanks to all for the great feedback! We absolutely are listening and appreciate the posts. More updates to the site functionality are happening behind the scenes. Imagery updates will also be coming out, but probably a little slower.

forum@crossroadsrv.com
crossroadsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #44
Family Vacation Member

JBTAZ - The OutDoorsRVMfg website is okay, but it's considered poor website design to have sound automatically start playing when someone visits your website. Often, people visit websites from computers in locations where it's in appropriate to have the speakers start playing any sound - at work or in library for example.

I agree that the images there are much more appealing and something along those lines might be a good place to start. I would avoid using Flash video as well because it does not play well on some devices and you can get the same results without the use of Flash.

I actually prefer the presentation at http://www.airstream.com/ . Lots of information, clean layout, no automated soundtracks, easy navigation.

Another clean layout
http://www.jayco.com/php/products/la...=park.trailers

I would hope that the designers at CR did some research by at least reviewing some of the websites from their competitors before they came up with their plans.

mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #45
Weekend Camper

Agree on the sound. Can turn off by clicking sound icon, top left of "O ". Just saying images more inline with thinking here.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #46
Full Time Camper

While you are making those changes how about changing the name of the forum back to what it was. We owners are certainly not fans, we feel more like family. Our concerns should be the concerns of everyone at CrossRoads from the folks on the production line to the head honcho. To call the forum a fan club is in my opinion missing the whole point of having the forum in the first place.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #47
Seasonal Camper

I notice as I look through our signatures that we tend to show our vehicles either at our homes or in a favorite camp site.I am not sure that this is reflected in the site. We did not purchase our 5'er because of the website, we found it at the RV show and fell in love with the floor plan at the time.After that we joined the forum and bookmarked it and have viewed the website very little. Mostly use it as reference when folks talk about their floor plan. I am not to sure I understand the visual cues of the current site. I do however wish they would return our name to the family forum as I think of most of us in the Crossroads family like that. read our post as we help each other through problems. I had limited internet acess when water was leaking around my AC in Arkansas but the people here found the specs to tighten my ac down and put it on the forum that night so I could repair my problem and move on with a great trip.Many of us have shared personal triumphs and tragedy here.Thats what family does.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #48
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I agree with most of the postings here...and the point I agree with most...that sticks out in everyone's mind...is that this is the "FORUM" not a fan club. This is something that can be changed back right away...and from all I have seen from the administrator he has the power to do it now; moreover he should indeed do it now! I hope this rings clear.

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #49
Site Team

As long as you guys are monitoring this thread, I have a request. I would sure appreciate it if you would set up the PM (private message) we have, so I and everybody else could delete "both" the inbox and the out box. That has been a thorn in my side from the start. Probably not the feed back you're looking for on this thread but it would sure make me happy to be able to do that.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #50
Weekend Camper

We agree with all the posts about the demographics, the interests of RV'ers, and the Family Forum name (members and participants) vs Fan Club, (spectators, not personally involved). Havent seen many edgy, modern 20 somethings respond that they viewed the new website and love the new setup.
Retired02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #51
New Camper

I have to agree.. I appreciate some of the new design aspects, however the theme is pretty ridiculous. I'm in the market for a Crossroads myself, and this web site has kind of turned me off a bit.

Notably, the little videos are mockable. It makes the company seem childish. I don't think the videos, in particular, reflect well on Crossroads, nor do they inspire me to think that these RVs are built by professionals.
mkriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #52
Family Vacation Member

Maybe there are some 20 somethings out there that do love it but are not speaking up because of the overwhelming negative response. If they are lurking out there somewhere - please - sound off! I would love to hear it!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #53
Weekend Camper

I showed the site to three coworkers in their 20s today. Two males and a female, one male is an rv'er and owns an older 21' trailer.

One did know who Travis Pastrana was but didn't see how he fit. They not only didn't get the site pictures but LAUGHED at the ridiculous Rob video on the front page. One of them thought the video looked like a Saturday night live skit making fun of camping. The line 'Camp With Attitude' from the video was repeated with giggles in the office all afternoon. Embarrassing for he company and us current owners.

Hadn't seen the video until today. As bad as he site is he video is SOO much worse. Check it out.

Edited by: Jpamacorp
Jpamacorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #54
Seasonal Camper

Watched the video and was shocked.
I the forwarded the link to our corporate PR department. They replied that they may use the video as an example.
An example of what NOT to do.
They pointed out that the music, spokesperson and images are all contrary to the image of RVing.
Typically thoughts of the outdoors, serenity, getting out and away etc.... They also wanted to know what demographics the creator of the video are actually going for?
But the video is of amps, poor glimpses of product and manufacturing.

CR,,,,I beg you to stop.

Rethink your idea and start over.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #55
Weekend Camper

Travis Pastrana fits with the Elevation . Its a highend Toy Hauler and he is a professional Motocross rider.Its in the same way you could relate a celebrity or a rock star and a highend motorcoach. That part I get,everything else not so much. The TT I just purchased is parked next to a grffiti laden dumpster. That makes no sence.
AvyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #56
Weekend Camper

I agree that the one line could make sense. But it seems Travis and Nitro Circus are branding the Company not just the line. Here's a video of our spokesman and Nitro in action. wow.....Wouldn't want my kids watching it, don't want to be associated with it. Really truly thinking of getting rid of my 5 month old 31bh. How's that for marketing??

video link-

Jpamacorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #57
Seasonal Camper

Quote from my wife.
"man someone really "effed" this one up."

She laughed at the rv images photo shopped over the industrial images....

I wonder if it is too late to cancel my order.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #58
Weekend Camper

CrossRoads Marketing here - the video actually came out a while ago. (It's on our YouTube channel.) It just did not get a lot of play at the time.

Really appreciate all the views and feedback. Promise we're listening.

forum@crossroadsrv.com
crossroadsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #59
Full Time Camper

Sorry crossroads, this is a big miss. I too am in my mid-thirties and don't get it. It's like you are trying to appeal to the college generation and they are not Rv'ers. I don't want someone acting crazy around an RV, I want someone relaxing. It makes me wonder, were you guys on crack when you did this website? I know you say you are listening to the feedback but it really needs to change soon because you will lose a large voume of customers with this website. Most young families are looking for a family friendly RV and a company that cares. A website full of rockers and partiers does not give me that vibe. You should think about pictures of kids laying in their bunks w/ the pack and play open watching the campfire, kids running around playing outside the 5er. Or get the older couple with a lab sitting under the awning enjoying a nice cup of coffee. Make sure you have things like woods or mountains in the background and that it is real pictures and not photoshopped. These are the things that speak to quality and speak to your demographics. I too want the family forum name back. I hate the fan club name. We are not fans but owners that are forming bonds like a family on these forums. Please give that back to us.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #60
Weekend Camper

I may have figured it out!!! Sunday is April 1st!!!! Well played CrossRoads well played.
AvyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote