Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Hi All,

New to this forum. I also posted this to the general forum but not a single response???

Now wondering just how many of these are out there?

"I just purchased a used 2006 TF32SS. I have yet to see another unit like this anywhere on this site or even when I google it. All others appear to be 37-39' long. After just washing/waxing/testing all the equipment, I am really impressed with this toy hauler. Lot's of great features. Any others out there that can share there experiences with this unit?

Thx."

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Well,does anyone know the number/letter system to identify these rigs? TF maybe is"tall frame"? SS might be stainless steel, super strong, single seater, ??? I have know idea!

Anybody help?

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 06-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I also do not know what all the letters & numbers signify. I have a mk-33, but the overall length is considerably longer than 33'. Mine is also a toy hauler (08) , and I have left posts looking for a fellow owner so I could ask questions and correspond by talking about the exact floor plan, plumbing,etc. Although I did have reponses, most people said there were not many toy haulers made andto talk to a guy named Randy at the factory. I cannot find any service manual, and was told to tear into it and learn as you go.
I do not have anywhere to "tear into it" except the road in front of my house. So it is not an option to go in blind. There has to be someone somewhere willing to help us inexperienced toy hauler owners.
Agood start would be to explain what all these symbols mean--TT, PP, etc!!
I am very impressed with this forum, the people for the most part are genuine and helpfull. but I guess the toyhaulers are so much different, that it is difficult to compare apples to apples.
I ampretty good mechanically, but I use manuals religiously. Without one I am lost when working on a new item. I am told there are NO manuals for my coach, so I am looking for another avenue to learn the in's & out's of my toy hauler.
Any help with the abreviation's or the toy hauler will be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Steve Rees

2011 Chevy Siverado 2500w/Duramax Diesel

2013 Elevation 3612
stevenrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Steven,

Good to hear from you. I have sent several e-mails back and forth to Sheila Mast at CrossRoads and she has been very helpful (smast@crossroadsrv.com). You can download a manual on their website but it is a very generic version and not much help with specifics to my trailer.

To you point, here's one of the last series of questions I asked for some answers with. She asked for my VIN # to be sure we were on the same page and I will now wait for her response. I think there is a specific version of the manual for my toy hauler available and it may cost me around 20 bucks but worth it.

...."Thanks Sheila. I did review this pdf file but it's really very general in
nature. Questions I have specific to this trailera are things like.....
1) Galley tank. Is there a separate gray tank for the fresh water galley?
2) Is there a part # fore the roof ladder? Mine didn't come with a ladder.
3) Are there manual cranks for both pull outs?
4) Are there replacement parts reference #'s or a specific manual?
5) Why do I have 2 separate "status" buttons for my battery? Were there
originally 2 batteries installed from the factory?
Please advise and if a specific manual is available, I will be more than
happy to purchase it."

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 06-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thank You for responding! I also bought a "specific" manual for my toy hauler. It is a small black book that is very general--it say's right on the front cover that it is for trailers& fifth wheels.

I have read it cover to cover a few times, and it does give a little more info than I had. It does not give any specific instructions for my (or your) coach.

What I am looking for ( and I assume you are too) is a service manual for my specific model.I am told that this does'nt exsist but I am having a hard time believing that there is not a book or pamphlet plublished to help the dealers service dept. Even if I could just get a copy of the blueprint used to manufacture my coach, Iwould be happy.

I am not getting all warm and fuzzy about ever getting one though.

I guess that you and I could share our experience , and struggles while learning about our fifth wheels though. I guess that this is going to be the best option available.

I still cannot believe there is not any manual available, I have purchased dozens of toys, trucks, and cars through theyears andI have recieved a manual with every one of them.

I wonder if the Crossroads people ever read these posts--I absolutely love my coach, but the lack af a manual is a definate strike against it.

Steve Rees

2013 Elevation 3612
Old 06-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Steve,

I will update once I hear back from Sheila.

To your other point, I can't believe that CrossRoads doesn't monitor these comments regularly as they need to hear any concerns out there from their customer base, howver, I haven't seen a post or reply back on any threads sincejoining and reviewingthis forum.

Maybe they might after reading this? We'll see.

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 06-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Probably your best bet will be ask your questions here and research / question on RV.net.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

CrossRoads does monitor the Forum. However, they typically do not respond to any of the posts.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I agree the manuals are way to vague to the point they are worthless. The first 2 letters should let you know weather you hav a 5th wheel or tt and what model. the 32 should be feet inside but not always the ss is your guess. It may mean super slide.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

usually ss is super slide, RB is rear bath, FQ is front queen, RK is rear kitchen, QB is quad bunk, BH is bunk house.These are the ones off the top of my head. ANd CWIT is right, the first to letters is what model and type ie mine is ZT for zinger trailer, a CF would be cruiser fifth wheel. The number is the box length usually (not end to end), and the last 2 refer to style rear bath, bunk house, etc. Hope this helps you.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:30 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Thanks all for the help with the lettering system.

Also, still waiting for Sheila at Crossroads to reply to my e-mail. I know they are busy this time of year but not sure how long we'll have to wait?

We've been away from the computer, spending the last 5 days up in Victorville, CA at the Huck Finn Bluegrass Festival. What a great time!!! Old Roy Clark put on quite a show along wityh many great bands.

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 09-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Anaro,

Thanks for the reply. It helped.

I know it's been months and no one has added anything to this forum.

I jump on once in a while but nothing new to read here.I do enjoy the basic forum though.

Steve, did you get your answers for your fifth wheel you were looking for?

Anyone know why there are two battery test buttons when only one battery was installed and it looks like there isn't room to add a second? Seems odd.

I'm still working thru mine, just had my city water one way valve break out lasttrip at the outdoor motocrossfinals at Palaand pumped half of my tank out onto the ground before I found out. Bought a 3/4 hose thread plug to temp fix for the weekend.

I also found out a while back my black water and gray water valves were labelled in reverse. Good thing for the clear neck on the drain hose to see that it wasn't black water dumping first. Not sure howthis could be mis-labelled like that? Always an adventure. Crazy.

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 09-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Also,

Here's the note I did get back from Sheila. Didn't want to have anyone think she didn't get back to me from my note above.

"You will need to contact our Service Technician on a couple of the items, Randy Mishler, at 260-593-2866 (go through the receptionist). If you see below in RED, I answered some of your questions"

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
New Camper

You may have two battery panels becuse you have two water tanks. This gaves you a way to check your water level in each. I have an 06 34' toy haler with two tanks for a 120gals. You have to change the valve over to change tanks.
outofgag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

outofgag,

I do have two water tanks and a panel for each. I guess these panels are set up the same where each show a battery button for testing. I just thought it interesting to get two separate reading but the sensitivity to each button display might be different, hence, different readings.

Thx

Bob and Better Half

Reese 16k slider
Old 10-28-2011, 05:26 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

I have two large water tanks also. The fill openings are on the passenger side one on top of the other next to the door. How do you know which tank does what? Which one do I need to fill first? There is only two low point drain plugs under my coach,on passenger side, one between thetires and one closer to the steps.What exactly am I draining with each one?

My coach is a 2008 MK-33, what does mk stand for?

Can anybody help me with my first winterization? step by step for this specific coach?

I have been following the winterizing link for quite a while, and my coach is not mentioned in it. So I am hoping somebody with experience with winterizing my toy hauler can help.

I know I know---its alot of questions. I have been following this forum for 9 months now, and I have not seen the answer for any of them.

I have purchased three manuals now and still no help with specific questions about my toy hauler.

I live in DFW Texas, if anybody near me has experience working on, or winterizing toy haulers. I would be willing to pay for help with mine

2013 Elevation 3612
Old 10-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #17
Site Team

Steven:
If you live in Texas, winterizing shouldn't be a real issue. I know you guys do get some cooler weather, so why don't you get one of these
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-out-plug/4410 This little gizmo hooks up where you screw your hose on for water at the campground. (city water hookup)
If you have access to an air compressor just set the pressure at 40# and alternately go around opening the faucets and low point drains until it's pretty much just air coming out. Get yourself a jug of RV antifreeze and pour a cup full in each drain. This procedure will work on "any" RV.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
New Camper

I have just purchased a new to me 06 Cross terrain. I see mention in this post of a valve to switch between the two fresh water tanks. Does anyone know where the valve is located on my unit?

articrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to m zoll

My TH isa MK34 and it measure's 37 feet from back to front.
and has 2 slide's, tri-axle.
also I need a ladder that gose on the back ramp door to get on the roof.
have'nt been able to find one?

1999 F350 crew Dually,power stroker

2006 mk34 cross terrian toyhauler
m zoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #20
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by articrob
I have just purchased a new to me 06 Cross terrain. I see mention in this post of a valve to switch between the two fresh water tanks. Does anyone know where the valve is located on my unit?
articrob is offline   Reply With Quote