Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Thought I would move this over in case it doesn't get moved over from the old forum.

Well backed by popular demand we are going to try and do our 3rd annual Texas Crossroads Rally in March of 09. This year I thought we would do it in the North East Texas area and have picked Whispering Pines RV Park since a couple of us have been there before. The date will be the weekend of Friday March 13th (yes Friday the 13th) thru Sunday March 15th. Now anyone who attends is welcome to come in earlier and leave later if they like. The sites will be $22 a night for full hookups and we can get a meeting room for a potluck dinner on Saturday night. At this point I have reserved 10 sites in my name and we can add to that if we get more than 10 people wanting to attend. I am posting this way in advance to try and give people more time to make plans this year so check out the web site below and let me know if you can make it. If anyone in the Austin/San Antonio area would like to attend maybe we can convoy up there on Thursday which is when we plan on leaving to head up. Hope to see a bunch of you folks that have been to the rallies in the past and some new ones as well!

<a href="http://www.campingfriend.com/whisperingpinesrvresort/" target="_blank">http://www.campingfriend.com/whisperingpinesrvresort/</A>
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Boy Keith it hard to believe that the Texas Rally is just around the corner. March is just a few days away.. We are looking forward to seeing every one once more. This time, however, No rain for us, we have had enough here to last a while so I do not need to bring any back with us. Are we going to do the pot luck this year??Is there any thing Janet can do to help ( Learned this from Denny) let me know

fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Frank:

Areyou suggestingthat wevolunteerthe wives to do the potluck dinner so the guys can sit and enjoy the weather and a cool one? Come on March!!
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Frank, we will have a pot luck dinner on Saturday night. George, you spent New Years with us and you know who did the cooking for our trailer. Yes it was me. That's okay though because Beverly helps me clean up the mess. I can't make a prediction on the rain but it has never stopped us before.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

George, I say if we can get away with it we can let the wives do the cooking. However having said this I do not think the odds are very good. By the same thought a well cook dinner chef has to have adult beverages to have the meal to come out right. As some pointed out to me the best chefs in the world are men

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Hey Frank, I've been wondering if you are bringing mud bugs. If you do, I'll have plenty of cold beer to go with them.
HEH458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Hal I think that it may be too early for them but if they do come into season I will bring them. After all That will keep Denny from drinking all of our beer

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

It looks as if the mud bug will be in season If I can do you all want them this year???? or
Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Frank, you have email.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Frank, sounds great to me. Like I said, I'll have plenty of cold beer to go with them.
HEH458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:45 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Ok Let me do some research

Old 01-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Keith, We are getting ready to leave today for a two trip. I ran across the Griddle that I brought last time. do I need to bring it this time... May be we can get a roll call of those who might want to attend but have not signed up yet
Old 01-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Frank, if you have room throw it in. If not don't worry about it we should be covered.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Keith I am a pack rat of course I have room
Old 01-31-2009, 03:21 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Boy I am sitting here it is degrees out today and I am stuck at home. I realize that the Texas Rally is getting closer, boy are we looking forward to that&lt; What I did not realize that Jane will be celebrating her wedding anniversy . Boy this is shaping up to be one heck of a trip. It is scary to think of how many years she has put up with me And they said it could not be done.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:48 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

I am glad your brought the post back up Frank. I was going to do it this weekend to see if we might have anyone else interested in attending. This is so close for all the folks in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area I was hoping we might get some from that area. If anyone wants to sign up email me and I will add you to the list. We still have sites available.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:18 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Only 6 more weeks to Rally time! Are we going to do a pot luck supper Friday or Saturday night? Or maybe both?

Since Frank has Mississippi covered, all you CrossRoads owners in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Louisiana are invited too. Should be a great time to see the Dogwoods and Azaleas in bloom in East Texas.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:47 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

I Think that Cobra 909 should come,after all he drives a Dodge, and Than there is JEB but have not seen him on the forum for a while maybe he had a crazy moment and went back to Ohio to check out the snow

Old 01-31-2009, 03:34 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn
I Think that Cobra 909 should come,after all he drives a Dodge, and Than there is JEB but have not seen him on the forum for a while maybe he had a crazy moment and went back to Ohio to check out the snow

I for one have no interest in checking out the snow. I've talked to my parents the every other day or so, that is as close as I need to get to Ohio's winter weather!!! We got sleet and about 1 1/2 of snow Monday in Tulsa and the girls missed 4 days of school after that. Can't believe the Okies can't clear the roads off!!!

Sparky Dachshund/Beagle & doxi's Sami & Dexter

Cruiser CF29BT, 08 F250, Lariat

https://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...250DESKTOP.jpg

dsaalease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:23 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

Denny, did you guys ever decide if you were going to be able to attend?