Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

I'm sorry I think explained this issue wrong. What they have told me was that the plywood was peeling up so they would have to remove the membrane to fix the plywood. They also say that the plywood didn't cause any damage to the membrane to cause leakage.

But I will take a close look at it and will take a picture and post up for you to look at. I think I should be able to have a good look at it since the problem won't be fixed before I do the walk through.

This being said I am strongly agreeing with your thoughts by walking away.
Toba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #22
Site Team

A person can end up with problems on any new rig----but to knowingly start out with a big one---I don't think I could do it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

I would run. Unless I got a heavy discount and free extended warranty, and a very good PDI that gave me a warm fuzzy. No warm fuzzy, run.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #24
Site Team

Only way I would take it is if it taken back to the factory and repaired.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Only way I would take it is if it taken back to the factory and repaired.
Mark makes a good point I think I would insist that the work be done at the factory, and FREE extended warranty.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Sorry I haven't got back sooner but iv been dealing with frozen water lines at home. This winter is really starting to put a toll on us here up north. You would think us northerns would be use to it but not this year.

Anyway we still went with the unit. The work on the roof will be done by a crossroads tech and we have 12 years warranty on the roof. Also got 7yrs extended warranty on bumper to bumper.

Just want to say THANK YOU to all of you for your help. The PDI list worked great we found other minor problems that would have never been found without doing this PDI list in full. Thanks again
Old 03-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

I should of add this in my last post.

The reason for still going with the unit was that we made the biggest mistake a rookie buyer could do was sign on the line before doing the PDI. (Live and learn I guess). We tried getting out but no success.

Where feeling alot better about the problem with having the work done by a crossroads tech and the extended warrantys.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

I'm sorry didn't like the advice?
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #29
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBo View Post
I'm sorry didn't like the advice?

We are very thankful for all your advice and help. We tried getting out of the deal (like most of you have told us to do) but with us signing the papers (major rookie mistake) before we new of this problem on the roof and doing the walk through. We went with the second best option we had (that was advice given to us on here) and that is get it fixed by crossroads and work in the deal to get extended warranty and a price discount. These where both achieved. We also did a very in depth walk through(also advice given to is). So I think we used your advice as best as we could with what we had to work with. Just wish we would of got on this forum before we signed anything.

Thanks again
Old 03-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #30
Full Time Camper

You could have obtained counsel and broken the deal regardless of signing papers. However sounds like you salvaged the best deal you could. Hopefully all repairs are professional and problem solved. Berst of luck. Happy Trails enjoy your rig and Go Well!
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #31
Full Time Camper

Don't go we just met! We have a a lot of experience to share, when I needed advice with cracked front cap I received a lot of help and information in weeding though all the warranty issues.
Have fun with the new camper!!
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #32
Full Time Camper

I think you probably could have gotten out of it regardless of signing papers. You DID NOT sign papers on a damaged unit! But I can see the dealer doing his best to try to hold you to it. However, if the manufacturer fixes to your satisfaction and you got the extended warranty free, it may not be such a bad deal. Live and learn. Hoping it all turns out alright for you.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #33
Family Vacation Member

Welcome Toba,
Congrats on your new unit and may you make many wonderful new memories in it! We also found ourselves new to the forum a year ago. We were looking for advice from seasoned experts and sure found them here! Please don't be shy sharing your experiences along the way as you get to know your new RV. I am speaking just for ourselves, but we are so much wiser thanks to the advice we have gotten from the good folks here. There's not too much that at least one of us haven't experienced, so please ask and share. We all want to continue to learn from each other! Don't forget to share the good stuff too!
Again, welcome!
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #34
Full Time Camper

Toba
If all the work was finished to your satisfaction, that is all that counts. We have all made our share of mistakes. That is where the old saying comes from " live & Learn". If you don't learn something every day your not paying attendtion. Now it's time to get ready to pull that bad boy down the road and make some memories.

In God We Trust
Old 05-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

Lightbulb

Hey everyone got a update on this long horrible process we have gone threw in the last 3 months.

So since we purchased this unit back in February and with all the issues it had (31 in total roof being major one). Plus all this time the dealer never connected us to give us updates on it ( we emailed them without a return email a few times). We where told that it would be ready for sure 2 weeks ago and where suppose to pick it up saturday and of course they call less then 24hrs before we where picking up and told us the roof wasent ready ( that was the final thing we could handle). We final got our money back and got away from this unit!!!!

Let me just help out any of you that may be from manitoba Canada and looking at purchasing a crossroads product from (moderator edit) be aware there customer service is horrible. I can't image if we where to acuttaly take this unit off the lot what the warranty service would be like.

On a better not we purchased a FR product. This whole ordeal turned us off crossroads (plus this is the only crossroads dealer anywhere near us).

The worst thing about this is having to leave this website. I can't say how much you guys help people like us out. I have learnt so much from this site.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #36
Site Team

Thank you for updating us.
Wishing you all the best with your new FR. Don't be afraid to stop in once in awhile.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #37
Full Time Camper

Lloyd
Correct me if I am wrong ,but anyone who would like to know the dealer Toba is refering to, can PM Toba to find out who that dealer is..am I correct???

Toba
Good luck with your new camper, stay safe and ENJOY...

In God We Trust
Old 05-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #38
Weekend Camper

Yes sorry for putting the dealer name I should know better. It was just out of pure frustration. Iv just never had issues like this with anything else we have ever purchased.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #39
Weekend Camper

Well update number two. The dealer that I had all these issues with just went bankrupt yesterday!!!!!!!�� There doors are closed. Makes me feel so much better knowing we made the right decision by getting out ( of course with all your guys help).
Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #40
Full Time Camper

Wow. Glad you got your money back before bankruptcy. Definitely stay and hang out. You can join those of us that are members of the SOB (some other brand) crowd.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote