Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Smile Anderson Hitches Camper Leveler System

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has used or has personal experience with the Anderson Hitches Camper Level System. I ran across them while looking for RV levelers and they seem to be the end all for leveling campers from single axle to Class A. No system is perfect and I see where there could be some issues with the axle spread and how the levelers are placed and the surface you are using them on. But they intrigued me on how simple they were.

If anyone has used these levelers, could you respond with your opinion, pro or con. Thanks
SCT Flash 4X tune
Billstein upgrade shocks and dampener
2008 Crossroads Cruiser 32BL
RADMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I was just looking at these last week when we were shopping for new revelers. They look intriguing but come with a pretty hefty price tag so we stuck with the old lynx system that served us so well (buyer asked that they be included in the sale of our old tt).

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:31 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have them and like them so far. Because you are pulling the trailer onto a ramp and not a level surface, you will have some additional excitement during dehitching. Make sure your parking brake is properly working so you don't have any surprises on decoupling. They are a bit clumsy to handle when wet as they get quite slippery, but they have always been rock solid under a wheel on asphalt. The ramps won't slip out from under the wheel while pulling on them like lumber will.

Because one set of wheels is sitting in a cradle, front to back stabilization is noticeably improved. The leveling process is easier, but it does require two people to be involved where with the old system of using lumber I could get away with doing it myself.
2012: 10 Nights & 254 Miles

Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Anaro..yeah, the price tag was a little hard, but have to admit, with the 5er we have, we definitely like what we see. Found them a little cheaper from the Anderson than Amazon Prime and that was cool.
Antares..I've been thinking about the slip issue as some of the feedback on another site showed that was the biggest drawback. I'm wondering if putting rubber pads on the back of the cradle would help. I was also concerned with how easy the system may sink on less than solid ground. Have you had any situations crop up with soft ground?
SCT Flash 4X tune
Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADMiller View Post
..I've been thinking about the slip issue as some of the feedback on another site showed that was the biggest drawback. I'm wondering if putting rubber pads on the back of the cradle would help.
I saw where someone put the non slip tape on them.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:03 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We only ever camp on well compacted gravel or on asphalt these days. I could definitely see soft ground being an issue if in that situation.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
We only ever camp on well compacted gravel or on asphalt these days. I could definitely see soft ground being an issue if in that situation.
I don't have them but I think they would work well at most of the campgrounds we go to. If possibility of soft ground you might still need the lumber. I haven't sprung for them yet as at $80 for pair I'm not sold yet, plus needing two people to use.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

We used ours for the first time this past weekend. We were dry camping on what is best described as a field. The guy next to me said " I've been camping for 20 years those won't work." He watched the bubble and I slowly pulled forward. It took maybe 20 seconds to perfectly level the trailer.

Yes they are expensive but boy it's an easy system that worked perfectly first time out in sorry field conditions.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Thank you all for the insight. I'm leaning toward trying them out. Hopefully they will outlast the next two 5ers!
SCT Flash 4X tune
Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

re requiring two people or not to use it...
on our previous 5er that didn't have auto leveling, I found that if I got a large stick on bubble level and put it on the front drivers side down low so I could see it in the drivers side mirror it worked well for side to side leveling...

The benefit is one less point of contention between "that other person" after the screaming match while backing into the site

as I'm trying to level I can see the progress and not have to react to someone ELSE'S reaction to how fast I go up the ramp...
Old 07-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

The need for two people exists for two reasons:
1: For those of us with a regular old TT, the bubble is too far away for most of us to see much detail of when using the mirror if we have one mounted where we could see it.
2: Your hitch will be under pressure, and the parking brake alone is usually not enough to hold everything stable to get out and chock. In my experience the full brakes need to be applied while chocking in the level position.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Has anyone used these with the bal x chocks? Looking at purchasing a set but don't want to spend the money on them to find out they interfere with my x chocks.
Toba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #13
New Camper

Being new campers, we wanted everything that would make setting up easier. Yes they are more costly, but on our first camping trip we went into a wet camp site. It took only about 20 seconds to level after about 10 minutes getting the travel trailer positioned into the site. Didn't have any problem with the levelers sinking.
jdg369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
levelers, leveling systems