Old 01-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Hunter11
Full Time Camper

Thought I would move this over in case it doesn't get moved over from the old forum.

Well backed by popular demand we are going to try and do our 3rd annual Texas Crossroads Rally in March of 09. This year I thought we would do it in the North East Texas area and have picked Whispering Pines RV Park since a couple of us have been there before. The date will be the weekend of Friday March 13th (yes Friday the 13th) thru Sunday March 15th. Now anyone who attends is welcome to come in earlier and leave later if they like. The sites will be $22 a night for full hookups and we can get a meeting room for a potluck dinner on Saturday night. At this point I have reserved 10 sites in my name and we can add to that if we get more than 10 people wanting to attend. I am posting this way in advance to try and give people more time to make plans this year so check out the web site below and let me know if you can make it. If anyone in the Austin/San Antonio area would like to attend maybe we can convoy up there on Thursday which is when we plan on leaving to head up. Hope to see a bunch of you folks that have been to the rallies in the past and some new ones as well!

<a href="http://www.campingfriend.com/whisperingpinesrvresort/" target="_blank">http://www.campingfriend.com/whisperingpinesrvresort/</A>
1 Mini Dachshund
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
fhenn
Full Time Camper

Boy Keith it hard to believe that the Texas Rally is just around the corner. March is just a few days away.. We are looking forward to seeing every one once more. This time, however, No rain for us, we have had enough here to last a while so I do not need to bring any back with us. Are we going to do the pot luck this year??Is there any thing Janet can do to help ( Learned this from Denny) let me know

fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
gball
Seasonal Camper

Frank:

Areyou suggestingthat wevolunteerthe wives to do the potluck dinner so the guys can sit and enjoy the weather and a cool one? Come on March!!
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Hunter11
Full Time Camper

Frank, we will have a pot luck dinner on Saturday night. George, you spent New Years with us and you know who did the cooking for our trailer. Yes it was me. That's okay though because Beverly helps me clean up the mess. I can't make a prediction on the rain but it has never stopped us before.
1 Mini Dachshund
Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
fhenn
Full Time Camper

George, I say if we can get away with it we can let the wives do the cooking. However having said this I do not think the odds are very good. By the same thought a well cook dinner chef has to have adult beverages to have the meal to come out right. As some pointed out to me the best chefs in the world are men

Edited by: fhenn

2008 CF32Bl pushing a 2007 Dodge

CDT with a six speed Automatic

Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the wonder dogs and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #6
HEH458
Weekend Camper

Hey Frank, I've been wondering if you are bringing mud bugs. If you do, I'll have plenty of cold beer to go with them.
HEH458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
fhenn
Full Time Camper

Hal I think that it may be too early for them but if they do come into season I will bring them. After all That will keep Denny from drinking all of our beer

Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the wonder dogs and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
fhenn
Full Time Camper

It looks as if the mud bug will be in season If I can do you all want them this year???? or

Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
Hunter11
Full Time Camper

Frank, you have email.
1 Mini Dachshund
Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
HEH458
Weekend Camper

Frank, sounds great to me. Like I said, I'll have plenty of cold beer to go with them.
HEH458 is offline   Reply With Quote