Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Well after about 4 months of trying to find a buyer for out KF33SK we finally turned the corner. The new owners (very nice people)left last night about 9:45 with their very nice slightly used KF33SK. This morning we go to get our 2011 KF30SB. We have sold and bought RVs before but this is as close as we've ever come to "opening day" (Memorial day). We decided we want a smaller unit for our retirement so we bit the bullet and downsized. We didn't think we would have much trouble selling our slightly used KF33SK because our price was well below blue book.So we took a chance and ordered our 2011 KF30SB assuming the KF33SK would be long gone. Well as stated our new rig is due in today and we finally sold the current rig last night. Thats as close as I ever want to get both on selling the old one and delivery of the new one. Our dealer has a set-up to use their own drivers so their driver was at the factory waiting for it to come off the line yesterday. Then we got the news that its all done except they didn't have the spice rack yet. It was scheduled to be in later yesterday. So we made a decision to send the rig down the road and they will send us the spice rack. Otherwise the driver was going to grab another rig to bring home (500 miles) and the dealer would send another driver down to pick up ours which would delay delivery one more day for us. Our dealer is about 130 miles away so I'm hoping the spice rack is something I can install. So today we drive 130 miles to get the new one, do a PDI, 130 miles home, pack it up, drive 50 miles to camp gound, and commence camping.

Interesting to note that the new owners of our KF33SK are from northern Iowa and at their favorite camp gound there are 2 more Kingstons....how rare is that?

I have a series of modifications planned so I will post them as completed. Hopefully the Kingston group will continue to grow.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
Site Team

calliopeguy:
Congrats on your new Kingston, and also on the timely sale of your old one.
I find it interesting that you choose to down size for retirement. We done the same thing. Going from 35ft. down to 26ft. Of course we don't live in ours, but we sure couldn't see the advantage of having all that floor space in the middle when all the slides were extended, plus having to haul the bigger unit around. We get by very nicely and I'm sure you will also.
Again congrats and best of luck.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:42 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

welcome to the KF30 club!!

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote