Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Well we now have completed out 1st weekend with our KF30SB. When we picked up the rig from the dealer we found some pleasant surprises.

We discovered that Crossroads apparently no longer uses standard crank-up TV antennas. The antenna is built into the roof and is used as is without any manual intervention (no cranking or turning) and it works great! The new digital TV I guess makes this type of antenna possible.

Another nice surprise was the rear cap option. We were not aware it comes with LED lights!

The toilet is as big as I've ever seen in an RV.

The toilet paper holder and towel holder in the bathroom were both mounted!

As with most people, we balanced all the options with our checkbook and got the ones we could afford. We looked at the king bed and decided it just took too much room so we spent our money on other things. After we got to the campground (immediately after picking it up from the dealer) my wife discovered that none of our bedding fit. Somehow our rig showed up with the king size bed. After having used it all weekend I would now strongly recommend the king bed. The small inconvenience of making the bed in tight quarters or having to crawl out the end of the bed is nothing compared to the luxury sleep with a king bed.

We also asked the factory to remove the shelf over the headboard on the bed and that to us was a major improvement.

The entertainment center is better than we expected. Our 32" TV fits just perfect in the opening and the bracket is very heavy duty. The bracket has a spring loadedlatch to keep the TV in place while traveling.

In the past we have always purchased a clear plastic slide and fixed piece for the center of the screen door so we have an unobstructed view outside. Our KF30SB came with that feature already installed.

This week I will start on my modifications. I will post pics as they get completed. Hopefully we'll all get to see more of what others have donealso.

As can be expected with any new rig there are a few things that need to be looked at. My dealer informed me during the PDI that the main back window is cracked. He put clear tape on both sides so it should be ok while waiting for the new window. We were aware the spice rack was missing but we didn't want to wait another day to get it. They will ship it to me and I'll install it. The porch light and scare light don't work but these are minor.

At this point I will say the KF30SB is an excellent choice.Edited by: calliopeguy

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Ken, Sounds like every thing has gone well, I like it when things work out better than you thought.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote