Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Has anyone had trouble with the spring hangers and tandem equaflex. We discovered they put a 3500 lb. equaflex on our 6000lb. axles. Have been put off for over a week with promises of shipping them right now. Not here yet. Can't move the rv and getting very frustrated. Never again will I buy a Crossroads product.
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

How did you determine that the equaflex was only rated for 3500 lb axles? Pictures if possible.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

We saw pictures from Lipert showing the 3500 lb. one has one bolt, and the 6000 lb one has a second bolt right above it.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

This is my EquaFlex on 5200 lb axles

This is from a current catalog

This is from a Open Roads Forum of a failed EquaFlex on 4400 lb axles. http://forums.woodalls.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26336343/srt/pa/pging/1/page/2.cfm

I have an vested interest in this EquaFlex issue.

To the OP which of the pictures looks like your EquaFlex? You said you saw a picture that shows you EquaFlex is rated at 3500 lbs. What was that picture in? A lippert catalog?
I am very interested in your final outcome so please post your final solution by Lippert if there is one.

Does anyone have an EquaFlex that looks like mine and if so what is your axle rating?
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

The top picture is what was originally on our Kingston. We were shown pictures and told that this is for a 3500 lb. axle. The bottom picture is the back side of this same part. Ours was rolled like this one is.

The 6000 lb one is the second one on the catalog page.

We were sent these today after dealing with Crossroads, and my husband is installing them as I type this. We are feeling much better about Crossroads Products now.