Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Was given one of these to replace my original rooftop vent. No packaging or installation instructions nor anything on Camco's website. I'm sure someone out there has installed this product. Would you please give me the low down on "how to"? Thanks much in advance.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Russ:
I can't be sure, but I would think they would attach just like the one that's on your roof now.
All that holds them on usually is just one screw buried under some dicor.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I have replaced all my vent with the cyclone's, first remove the top, they are screwed into the pipe, the screw heads are covered with caulk, then take the top off, next I removed all the caulk and took the base plate on the foor off, just take your time, it's pretty easy to do, then remove the base plate, the cyclone has it's own base plate, puth the baseplate down and screw it into the roof, then the vent cover will slide over the vent pipe, there is a screw in the vent to keep it on, then just reseal the baseplate, when I replaced the vents I covered all the baseplates with etrna-bond tape, they are pretty easy to do, just take your time, if you have a problem just let me know......I really don't know if they really make a difference, I never had an odor problem but I sealed all the roof with etrna bond tape and I thought it was a good time to change them, the sure do turn as the wind changes so I imagine that they do work.......

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I will look for my instructions and try to scan and paste them here for you

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Couldnt find the instructions but here is what I remember from them as I just did mine.

remove the old cap and as much of the old dicor as you can, you dont have to remove it all. The when it is as clean as you can get it you will have just the pipe sticking up. Take and put the flange over the pipe. Then put the top piece on, and use dicor to seal it to thepipe,I lifted slightly on the top piece and ran a bead onto the pipe, and then slid the top piece down over the dicor, dont use silicone for this use dicor only.Then lift up the flange and from undeneath the flange screw the top piece to the pipe with 3 screws equally spaced that come in the kit. this will secure the top piece to the pipe and hold it until the dicor dries. Then put the flange down onto the roof and I used dicor around the outside of the flange and around the top piece where the flange touched it,so no water can get in and then let it dry. My directions didnt say to screw the flange to the roof so I didnt do it that way that mbinohio did it. I didnt want to make any more hole in the roof than I had too. Not saying mbinohio is wrong, Im just telling how I remember the directions said to do it. Mine has stayed in place and hasnt leaked a bit, that I know of.LOL

It works great, I did have an ordor problem well the wife did, and just from adding the cyclone to the trailer it knocked down the odor about 80-90% we cant smell anything now at all. (I also use the geo method so I think them together helped alot) Before I used the geo method it had knocked down the odor about that much. Of course when we leave the fan in the bath on for a long time it does start to get just a bit of smell but once it is turned off the smell goes away again.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Went to CW Saturday & picked up the Dicor. Now, just have to get the trailer up to the house and get some projects done.

Thanks for all the replies and help!!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote