Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi All,

I looked at the CentralVac installation and saw no reason to have a switch on the wall at the top of the stairs. I unscrewed the wall in the basement so I could get to the area under that stairs. I sild the wall to the right about 7-8 inches, undid the wire nuts that extended the Vac switch and attached them to the Vac outlet. The outlet had to be removed from the stair. I just placed the wires under the attachment screws built into the outlet. Now, when I plug in the hose, the Vac turns on. I wonder why they didn't do it that way in the 1st place. Any thoughts?

By the way, the hole where the Vac switch was now holds the remote unit ofa new Bogart 2025A battery monitor system.

Craig

2011 35RL

2011 F350
casmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Good mod Craig. We have a central vac in our house, and that is exactly the way that works.
What is a "Bogart 2025A"? I'm not familiar with that. Do you have more info or a link for it?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Hi Old Farmer,

If you google the 2025A you'll find tons of info. It's used to monitor the battery bank. My 35RL came with one deep cycle 12V marine battery. I replaced it with two 6V golf cart batteries wired in series. That gives me 225AH of storage. The 2025A will tell you how full the batteries are,at what rateyou're draining themandat what rateyou're filling them. It will remind you to charge them and a couple other things I can't remember right now. It's part of an ongoing upgrade that will eventually have six batteries, five solar panels, an inverter/charger and a TriStar 60A solar charge controller(I already have).

Part of this is also to unplug the converter. The inverter/charger will do a much better job maintaining the batteries when plugged in. I'll keep the converter there so, if needed, I can just plug it back in and it can charge the batteries. This is if the inverter/charger has to be removed for repair, which I hope never happens.

One thing I like about the 2025A is that you can monitor how much is going out then turn a device on like the Fantastic Fan and you can see how much current it uses.

I'm doing thismodbecause I plan to do some boondocking... without a generator. I'm trying to keep it as GREEN as I can.

Craig

2011 35RL

2011 F350
Old 11-13-2011, 02:38 AM   #4
Site Team

I guess I must have had "brain freeze" when I asked that question.
This is what I have on the 5er.
http://www.solarforrv.com/content/products/ViewProduct/?i=GP-PWM-25
Doesn't have all the features the Bogart has but it's all I need at this time.
That sounds like quite an array of solar panels you have planned. Have you figured out how many watts?
I want to get a Xantrex 2000 inverter/charger. Just can't seem to pull the trigger.

Edited by: Old Farmer
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I will have 750 watts. This amount was arrived at by figuring that I won't be tilting them and I will spend the summers in ME. That far north and so many gray days will need the extra wattage.

Craig

2011 35RL

2011 F350
Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #6
Site Team

I have 135 watts, if I had one more of those panels, I believe it would handle all my needs.
They are sure coming down in price now.
A friend sent me a link for panels and they were at $.78 per watt. I would have gotten one but they were all bigger panels then I wanted.