Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Cont: ST Reserve ST30RK mods

weber Q adapter plate
rubber mount water pump to make it more quiet
adjusted shower head for people under 5-6' tall (we added the oxygenics shower head then had to adjust it down). used toilet shims
spring clips to keep shower doors in place while traveling
added female hose fitting to sewer drain to attach hose from outdoor sink (why would they design that to drain onto the ground?)

coming up next:
fantastic vent
fix wobbly kitchen table
laundry access door under bed (so we don't have to lift the mattress up)
Perko switch
replace wallpaper backsplash with house vinyl backsplash
smoke light lens on bed headboard (man those LED's are bright when they are that close to your face!)

I'll admit it...I love tinkering on my trailer to get things how I like them. I noticed a lot of manufacturer "oops" while I was making my improvements. The main water line leading to the water pump was kinked, the compartments behind the stereo and fuse panel were full of sawdust (seems like a fire hazard), loose wires, loose screws, etc. I'm glad I went through everything. This is a 2016 trailer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Q Adapter.jpg (147.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Rubber Mount.jpg (120.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Shower Head.jpg (64.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Travel Clips.jpg (108.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg OK sink drain.jpg (151.5 KB, 22 views)
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I like the part about the 'kinked water line' , mine was also kinked on my 2013. Guess they didn't take my suggestion to add some extra length on the hose to alleviate this problem. I knew the bean counters would not want to pay the extra $ for wasted hose , and they obviously did not take my recomendation about a quality alert and instructions to the guys on the line either , sorry , I said quality.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMVillines View Post
weber Q adapter plate
added female hose fitting to sewer drain to attach hose from outdoor sink (why would they design that to drain onto the ground?)
I'd like to see how you hook this up. I'd like to make this set up for my 250RB.
kgie1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

You can buy the same thing at campers world. It is designed to back wash your tanks. But would work as a sink drain. It is unbelievable that they would run the drain line out onto the ground. Last time I saw that was back with a 1968 camper that had no toilet or holding tanks
woodwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I agree! When I was looking at the 250RB it didn't cross my mind that it wasn't plumbed to the grey tanks. I didn't see it until the PDI and they explained the exterior kitchen drained to the ground. But I can't have that happening. I'll check out campers world and see what they got.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

This looks similar to what the OP posted but from Camping World. I guess this would do the trick. RV Hydro Flush 45 Degree - Valterra F02-4100 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
Old 02-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I'll grab a picture this weekend when we are out again.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMVillines View Post
I'll grab a picture this weekend when we are out again.
Great! Thanks!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:04 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Update on the outdoor kitchen sink. My phone won't email myself the picture.

Didn't work as well as I wanted it to. For a quick hand wash it was fine, but for anything longer it drained a little slow. I guess I'm back to the drawing board. My first thought is to mount a 12V automatic inline water pump underneath the sink. Then it will work dry camping and turn on automatically when water hits the drain. I'll do a little more homework and see if I can perfect it. When I do, I will post a separate thread with more pictures. I will put it under "outdoor sink drain perfected." The other method works in the meantime, but I was in a pretty flat site. I think it could get even slower if I can't get the hose to lay flat. To be continued...
Old 02-22-2016, 10:07 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

outdoor sink hose.jpg
Old 02-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the picture. Maybe you don't have enough elevation from the sink to the drain for it to drain quicker. It looks as though the hose goes back up hill but it may be an optical illusion from the picture.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Just remember that you are trying to drain a 1 1/4" drain into a 1/2" or 3/4" garden hose...it will take longer. And if you use the turbo flush (that is designed for putting water pressure into) to go into drain there is a restrictor of sorts that will have to be taken out. Thats why the beer fridge is located near the sink ,so you can have one while sink drains,..lol.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Bowler304
That is so weird, mine drains into my grey tank and I have an ST290QB, so weird they would do it on one and not the other.
Tow Vehicle - 2017 F250 Platinum 6.2 4:30 gear
Travel Trailer - Sunset Trail Super Lite ST290QB
Color : Enzo
Dry Weight 5,774 - Actual weight 6,767
Bowler304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

Not sure where your sewer dump is compared to the sink in the back corner. Would it be possible to run an abs pipe and tie the 2 together
Old 03-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

My kitchen grey dump is pretty close to the back corner. I tied the hose first because I didn't want to pull down all the underbelly panels to see if there was room to run ABS. Now that I know the hose doesn't work that great, I will have to reconsider running ABS. We do a fair amount of dry camping, so I wanted to keep it separate from the grey and still have the option to drain it on the ground if we are somewhere remote and it isn't a problem. I had looked into adding a small inline pump, but what I need would be the combination of a boat bilge pump and the standard water pump. The closest thing I could find that I think would work and not be too expensive would be a condensate pump. (work is pretty busy, so it's been on the back burner) I'm going to look at plumbing in some ABS and connecting it downstream from the dump valve. Then it will drain freely and still give me the option of draining just the outdoor sink on the ground when somewhere remote. I think going with something like a 1 inch ABS and as steep of an angle as possible may be the way to go. My dad keeps saying just use a 5 gallon bucket, but these kind of projects are fun for me. Maybe after our Easter trip I will take another stab at it!
Old 03-02-2016, 05:12 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Your dad is right when I was a young lad our kitchen grey water emptied into a 5 gallon bucket under the sink and you took it out and dumped it