Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Hey everyone,

I have the frestanding table and chairs instead of the dinette in my cruiser.

I have a problem of it walking out into the isle after we travel for a while.

I do have a strap that I wrap around the table and chairs to hold it all together but it still walks out. Im afraid it will possibly break off the floor of the slide in that area if I go over a nice bump and it jumps up and slams down right at the edge.

Does anyone have an idea on how to stop it from happening?(I dont want to bolt the table to the floor though, I thought of that but decided against it.)

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
jeb
Family Vacation Member

The table and chairs are located in the slideout area, correct?

If so, why not get an eye-bolt at the hardware store and screw it through the floor right next to the wall side of the pedestal. Then you can use a big wire-tie or something similar to tie the table off to the eye-bolt and you'll still be able to move the table if you wish. The eye-bolt should be unseen if you put it behind the pedestal.

Having said that....are you having a lot of vibration in the trailer when underway? If so, you might wish to look into something which will smooth the ride out because sooner or later, the table walking will be the least of your problems. Vibration kills trailers.

jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I dont think we have a vibration problem, I have left things on the counter and it doesnt movemuch at allafter traveling, but it is small things with no substatial weight to it.

Yes the table is in the slide area.

What I was taught as a truck driver is that everything in a trailer moves to the curb side of the road no matter how smooth the ride. The reason is the bumps in the road and the curvature of the road. Them two things make everything that has weight to it move to the curb side of the road. I have seen it a million times when driving a semi.

I figured it was doing the same thing with the table. The small bumps in the road and the curvature/crown of the road made the table go that way.

I really didnt want to put anything into the floor of the slideout, with my luck it would catch on something and ruin it or I wouldnt be able to run the slide out! LOL

Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

My table was screwed to the floor of the slide from the factory. I unscrewed it as I found it difficult to get in and out frome the table. I'm not an oversized guy but I prefer the room to get in and out from behind the table. We've never had a problem with the chairs or table moving around when travelling. The odd time one chair will shift a bit but thats it. Long story short you could screw the table down but use screws that just grab the decking of the slide. I also have the tie down rings and straps for the chairs but haven't used them.Edited by: ryeja

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
Site Team

Something quick and easy to try----
Place a small piece of scoot guard under each table leg. It works for us on just about anything
that walks around.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Dang it Llyod that is a great idea

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Have the trailer tires balanced. I bet that will improve your problem. You may even have a bad tire and not know it yet. I had my tires balanced and use balance beads. I can leave an empty glass on the rear kitchen counter and it will still be there when we get to our destination. My Cruiser also has the Equa-Flex which may also make big differance.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

the tires are balanced, and I also have the Equaflex too. So it has a smooth ride, its just the walking effect I guess.

Im going to try the scoot guard, I have some of that and it works great for a recliner in my family room that used to walk around.

See I knew someone would come up with an idea, they are all great ideas too thanks everyone.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #9
Site Team

Brian:
Have to hijack your thread.
How is the TPMS working for you?

Old 07-23-2010, 03:19 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Lloyd, I will pm you.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

ok, I'll ask. What is scoot guard and where do I find it?
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

scoot guard is a tape of sorts that you can find at Home depot or Lowes, and some other stores.

Mine that I have is 2"-3" or so wide and is a roll of tape that is double sided with sticky material hard to describe. You use it to stop rugs from moving on floors , or in my case my recliner in the family room and the table in the trailer. here is a link to the stuff the link is from bed and bath though. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&sku=10220009

I attached it to the table and will take a trip in a few weeks and will see how it goes.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
Site Team

Brian, that's not what I had in mind. This site has it, but you can usually get it at Walmart.
http://www.rvpartscenter.com/Product...22&CID=214
Plus it is cheaper there.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #14
Seasonal Camper

Would Scoot Guard work on a Cocker Spaniel ?
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote