Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2015, 04:48 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

furniture

In our trailer, the recliners are at the rear and the couch is in the slide with the dinette. The couch therefore faces the TV. We cannot change this arrangement on a regular basis because the slides will not go in with the couch at the rear. The newer version of our floor plan is two feet longer and the recliners and couch have been switched.

While here in Florida for a few months, we changed them, but of course we have to change them back to travel home. The recliners get turned sideways for travel so the slides can go in.

I wish there were something you could put between the recliners to hold your drink. We bought a little table from IKEA which we normally place between the recliners when they are at the rear, but it does not fit while they are at the side. You can see it to the left of the couch in the picture.

Has anyone ever seen some kind of drink stand that would fit between the chairs? I have seen them for outside and you push something into the ground, but that obviously would not work in the trailer.

Here is our current arrangement:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-01-24 (2).jpg (201.0 KB, 10 views)

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:06 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

If you do not need the couch for a bed, they do have theater seats that recline and have cupholders.

2009 CT31RL

2016 Chevrolet 2500HD High Country

Hensley Hitch
ajlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:18 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I had the same problem and swapped the furniture around. But my solution probably won't work for you. Anyway, I took out the sofa and moved the recliners to the slide-out. I then made a full wall sofa for the rear of the fiver since I didn't need the sleeper sofa. Depth of the unit allows the slide-out to close w/o interference. The sofa is 6 ft wide with built-in end tables for a wall to wall unit. Two large storage areas of 30x36x15 under the cushions plus smaller areas under the end tables and behind the sofa.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:06 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Our recliners are in the slide out as well and we wanted something to set our drinks on too. I have made several of these sofa servers to fit our needs. The one shown finished is in our home and the one that is unfinished is in our trailer. The one in our trailer I made a little taller so it would clear the arms on our recliners when the chairs are reclined. We place it just in front of the recliners and I made it so the foot rest would clear it when reclined but the top overhangs the arms of the chairs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sofa server 2.JPG (885.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg camper sofa server.jpg (235.1 KB, 10 views)

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Phil & Janine,

That is a very nice little table. Our IKEA table is that shape (like a sideways U), but it is too short for this purpose. This does not look terribly difficult to make, and you could alter the shape, size and height as needed.

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlight View Post
If you do not need the couch for a bed, they do have theater seats that recline and have cupholders.
Yes, I have seen those in several trailers, but there is not enough length in this trailer to accommodate such a seat. It would interfere with the dinette.

If we were to ever replace our trailer, we like the Cruiser 333RL, which is the same floor plan as ours except the furniture is switched, and the trailer is a couple of feet longer. It also has a nice pantry.

I just noticed that Phil and Janine have the 333RL.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Nice job Phil. You could probably sell quite a few of those.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:10 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
Phil & Janine,

That is a very nice little table. Our IKEA table is that shape (like a sideways U), but it is too short for this purpose. This does not look terribly difficult to make, and you could alter the shape, size and height as needed.

Thanks.
Thanks! No, they are not that difficult to make and yes you can alter them to fit your needs which I have done on a couple of them. The big thing is to make sure you have a large enough base and a strong enough upright to support the top when you put weight on it. I can usually do one of these in about 3 or 4 days time.

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL
Old 01-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D View Post
Nice job Phil. You could probably sell quite a few of those.
Thanks! I have thought about making some of these and some of the other furniture that I have made and take them to some of the festivals that we have in our area. The problem is I would have to start a year in advance to get enough done for something like that. So for the time being I just do stuff for us and family right now. It's a hobby of mine and gives me something to do during the winter months.

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL