Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Doubt that I'll remove all the noise from my 12 volt water pump, but I'm at least trying to quieten it down a bit.

Crossroads now supply's flexible tubing from the water pump to the rigid PEX tubing. This certainly helps dampen the vibration. I added several pieces of the foam pipe insulation where the PEX tubing goes through walls to prevent vibration, and also put 4 mouse pads (foam backing) under the water pump to better insulate it from the floor. So far I can tell a remarkable difference.

Has anyone seen any noise reduction with the water accumulator tank? I'm aware it is primarily used to prevent the pump from cycling so much, but I'm wondering if it will do anything to reduce noise.

Unfortunately in my 29RK I don't have a good place to mount a 2 gal. tank, and I'm really wondering if the ShurFlo 1 qt. tank would have any benefits at all.
pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Seems to me about two years ago this was discussed and some bought a new pump that were designed to be very quiet. Not sure what the number on the Shurflo pump was but I recall them saying the difference in noise was significant...no pulsation. I added an accumulator tank to stop my T&P valve from dripping in the back of the water heater. It made no affect on the pump noise. Mine is bad as well and someday a new pump will be installed.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I hadthe qt accum in my other trailer,I removed it to put in the 09 and haven't done it yet.I also used the braided water lines and thought together my pump wasn't bad.I may get this done this winter.If nothing else the accum cuts down the run time and that helps also.I don't like my pump, it needs a wider span on the pressure switch.But I think I have spent enough money and time and not going worry about a little noise.Its not like it runs all the time.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

<a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJERRYA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C02%5Cclip_filelist.xml" target="_blank"><!--if gte mso 9>

<w:Word>

<w:View>Normal</w:View>

<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>

<w:Compatibility>

<w:BreakWrappedTables/>

<w:SnapToGridInCell/>

<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>

<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>

</w:Compatibility>

<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>

</w:Word>

<!-->

<!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */

table.MsoNormalTable

{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";

mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;

mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;

mso-style-noshow:yes;

mso-style-parent:"";

mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;

mso-para-margin:0in;

mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;

mso-pagination:widow-orphan;

font-size:10.0pt;

font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!-->

</a>

<a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJERRYA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C02%5Cclip_filelist.xml" target="_blank">Mines not bad enough to buy a

new pump but I do know there are better ones out there.</a></span>

</span>

<a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJERRYA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C02%5Cclip_filelist.xml" target="_blank">Again, since the noise is

generated by the vibration I can’t imagine why a tank would cut down on noise,

but I’ve seen posts on other forums indicate it did. </span>I just can’t get excited about a 1qt. tank.</a></span>

</span>

<a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJERRYA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C02%5Cclip_filelist.xml" target="_blank">FB1965 – you will have room in

your 29RK for the qt. tank but that’s about all, assuming you are going to put it

in the same compartment as the pump. </span>While

your in there put some padding under the pump, and check the location/position of

the other lines with the pump running. </span>My

freshwater tank fill line was vibrating from rubbing against the pump input line.</a></span>

</span>

<a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJERRYA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C02%5Cclip_filelist.xml" target="_blank">The only convenient place I

could put a 2 gal tank would be in the front storage, under the bath sink. </span>It’s my understanding the tank will work

anywhere in the plumbing.</a></span>

Edited by: pulpwood007
pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
Site Team

http://www.adventurerv.net/flojet-quiet-pump-controller-p-1754.html
This might be something that would fit the bill for you.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote