Installed Wet bolts and SRE3000 equalizers
Just finished a 6 day marathon working on the suspension. At the end of camping season last year I noticed that my X-chocks were difficult to insert between the tires. I thought the bushings might have been worn out, so I obtained a wet bolt and brass bushing kit over the winter. This past Saturday I installed the left side and re-packed the wheel bearings. Sunday I started the right side, but when I removed the center bolt in the equalizer it fell apart. This I found out was the cause of the X-chocks not fitting. Now the trailer is up on jackstands still hooked to the truck and I need to find new equalizers. Thanks to Stu at Del Mastro RV in Peterborough I had a set of Morryde SRE3000's by Wednesday morning. (Everywhere else I looked were out of stock, he searched around and found a different supplier who had them).
Today I replaced the right side equalizer & bushings and packed the bearings. Then installed the new equalizer in the left side.
I really like the difference in strength from the stock shackles & equalizers to the new ones.
While waiting for the parts, I used the time to clean the trailer. It was filthy after sitting in storage since October.
Now I'm off to de-winterize...
🇨🇦 Scott & Janie 🇨🇦
2004 Dodge RAM 2500 CTD (slightly tweaked)
2011 Cruiser 31RK
Cooper the Golden Retriever, and
Sam the black lab.