Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Installing maxxair deluxe fan

Hi All, New to the crossroads ownership. Just bought a new 2015 ST29SS and on our first trip realized that there was no fan other than bathroom and the stove vent and even worse there were no covers over the vents either! I have ordered a Maxxfan and plan to install it myself. Am wondering how this might affect my roof warranty. It will replace the existing bedroom vent so there wont be any new holes cut in the roof. Also wondering which sealer and lap sealer to use? Thanks in advance .
Baldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I installed a Maxxfan Deluxe last year in our bathroom vent as our bedroom has an A/C unit up top. The install was pretty straight forward. Be careful up top as these roofs are NOT walk-on. I used a piece of plywood to sit on while working. I used Dicor Self-leveling Lap Sealant to seal it up. The only issue that I remember is that the curve of the roof caused a bit of a challenge lining up the flange to the fan body. Overall, install was a 2 out of 5. There are some pics in my registry. Good luck!