Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
New Camper

Keyless RV Door Locks

Does anybody have anything good or bad to say about them? I've read reviews for both Bauer and RVLock and from what I can tell it seems to me that RVLock has has the better reviews. However, it sure seems to me, that a lot of problems are had by both. I'm not sure if I'm just reading complaints or if this is truly not a decent product over all? I like the idea of them and not having to have keys always in your pocket, but I'd like to hear your opinions on if you recommend them and what brand or advise to steer clear of them. Thanks in advance!
fyrfyter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Did you see this thread?

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...try-12812.html
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
That thread appears more geared to installion concerns of the RVLock Brand.

My trailer is keyed with Bauer locks and the key alike setup. The locks seem to be of quality however I do not have the keyless entry. My old trailer had a different door handle other than Bauer and I like the feel of the Bauer better. I just can't justify the high cost but I bet the convenience would be nice.
tott9713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:25 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have had great luck with the Bauer locks. We did have a bad one on delivery from RW but Bauer sent me 2 a new ones free.
Bauer has been at the RW Rally the last few years and 2 years ago he keyed all my locks the same which included a complete new latch on all basement doors. FREE!!! Even the Level up latch.
After that was completed RW replaced both my doors and never switched my locks so at last years Rally I went over to see Bauer again and he came over and changed those out so now just 1 key again. said it was free but made him take some $'s this time.
No problems so far.

Steve
Old 07-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Our Rushmore came with Southco keyless entry. It wouldn't work when we bought it, and stealer we bought from said they didn't even attempt to fix them.

I posted on this forum, and a Southco rep posted a contact number. Seems they had a bad run of keypads. They sent us a new keypad and key fob free, and phone support to set it up. Other than one battery change, it has been flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I installed the Rv lock in about 10 minutes. I bought it on a black Friday sale last year for $99 I believe? One of the best additions I've done. Now we can lock the TT while we're out but no one needs a key. Very convenient! Quality seems solid and I've considered adding another one to the rear door(opposite side) just because.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Our bauer keyless has worked flawlessly for the last 2year's fulltime. Have replaced batteries 3 times. Still keep a key hidden for the inevitable