Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Kitchen Reno

We have decided to keep our trailer for this and probably next year. In deciding this we are going to address the issues we have.

The biggest issue is the lack of counter space. We will never use the stove and it's just a waste of counter space. Our plan is to pitch the stove and microwave. We are going to reclaimed the cabinet space from the microwave and the countertop space from the range. in place of the oven we are going to install a convection microwave. I'm hoping that crossroads will sell me a set of doors but if not I'll just make them myself.

This is a pretty easy modification so as soon as the snow melts we are going to jump on it. What do you guys think?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Counter space is always at a premium in these darn campers.
If you don't ever use any of those appliances, do what serves you best.
You might want to hold onto them for when you decide on a new unit some where down the road.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

We will be keeping the counter top and the stove and microwave in storage should it be needed when we resell it. The way I'm going to finish everything it will be easy to put it all back back the way it was again.

Job #2 which we don't have to wait for are the dinette seats. The replacement seat foam is already at home waiting for me to swap it out. They were like some medieval torture device if you had to sit on them for too long.