Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I am considering installing a laminate floor in my living room, (2006 CF29RK).
My slide currently is rubbing a place in my carpet, where it slides in. I am concerned about it marking the laminate.
How have you addressed this problem, if you have replaced carpet. Thanks Jim

Jimw606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Hey Jim. I have not replaced ar added laminet in the trailer but I have done many flooring installations (hardwood, laminate ceramics etc) there is a non wood based product out called ALLURE this is what it is called in Canada at least. the product can look like wood laminate or many other floor types. It is floati ng floor but the edges go together with a peel and stick adhesive, totally water proof when installed and almost indistructable

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks Swailes.
I am looking at that also. My concern is the slide coming in will catch the edge, or mar it when it slides across. Lippert makes those plastic slip pads for carpet.
I was just wandering what others have found.

Thanks for responding. Jim

Old 11-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Do a research on this Seebee did it last year and put in a full DYI in here

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

so far, I have glue a piece of velcro to the floorjust in front of the two ends of the slide and glued the mated piece of velcro to the end of pieces of vinyl flooring for the slide ends to ride on. However, this is temporary, as I want to get a visual on the slide protectors before I buy them. the "down side" of the protecters is that they have "pimples" which dig into the carpet/floor. I may have to lookfor a piece of thin carpet to use as the floor protector and velcro it.[Hope this makes sense to you]
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

seabee: Have you looked into UHMV??

Like this stuff. I am familiar with it in sheets. but not as a tape.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

On the 29RK, the rear of the slide out slides over the kitchen vinyl w/o problems, so if you install something thin like Allure, then you should not have a problem, the Cruiser carpet and pad is pretty thin.

In '05, I removed the factory carpet and vinyl on my 29RK and installed a high quality 1/8 inch thick vinyl flooring. In fact, this is a no-adhesive or floating vinyl floor. Mine is held in place with a small bead of silicone caulk around the perimeter and the two furnace ducts, nothing more. The slide out barely touches the vinyl while closing and has never damaged it. Without adhesive, the slide out could easily push the flooring, yet it doesn't.

If you observe closely how the slide out moves during closing, it rides over the main floor seal. It will clear the subfloor by about 3/4 inch at the start. When the slide out is about 1/2 closed, it will tip down and the leading edge will clear the subfloor by about 1/8 inch. Then, when fully closed, the slide out will again clear the subfloor by about 3/4 inch, and this is why you shouldn't walk on the slide out when it is closed (especially near the sidewalls).

My flooring still looks great after 5 yrs of use. Tarkett Fiberfloor, it will not curl, stretch or change shape, which is why it doesn't need adhesive. See my pics at www.picturetrail.com/Dayle1

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 11:03 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayle1 View Post
On the 29RK, the rear of the slide out slides over the kitchen vinyl w/o problems, so if you install something thin like Allure, then you should not have a problem, the Cruiser carpet and pad is pretty thin.

In '05, I removed the factory carpet and vinyl on my 29RK and installed a high quality 1/8 inch thick vinyl flooring. In fact, this is a no-adhesive or floating vinyl floor. Mine is held in place with a small bead of silicone caulk around the perimeter and the two furnace ducts, nothing more. The slide out barely touches the vinyl while closing and has never damaged it. Without adhesive, the slide out could easily push the flooring, yet it doesn't.

If you observe closely how the slide out moves during closing, it rides over the main floor seal. It will clear the subfloor by about 3/4 inch at the start. When the slide out is about 1/2 closed, it will tip down and the leading edge will clear the subfloor by about 1/8 inch. Then, when fully closed, the slide out will again clear the subfloor by about 3/4 inch, and this is why you shouldn't walk on the slide out when it is closed (especially near the sidewalls).

My flooring still looks great after 5 yrs of use. Tarkett Fiberfloor, it will not curl, stretch or change shape, which is why it doesn't need adhesive. See my pics at www.picturetrail.com/Dayle1
Larry,
We leave our 2008CrossroadsCruiser29CK in Arizona permanently and want to replace the carpet. I saw your post about "installed a high quality 1/8 inch thick vinyl flooring. In fact, this is a no-adhesive or floating vinyl floor." Was this sheet vinyl or planks? If so, I don't trust myself to cut a full sheet Also, I was wondering about the Arizona summer heat (we're gone) and how it would affect it. Thoughts? Thanks. Monte
Old 02-20-2024, 03:57 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
Larry,
We leave our 2008CrossroadsCruiser29CK in Arizona permanently and want to replace the carpet. I saw your post about "installed a high quality 1/8 inch thick vinyl flooring. In fact, this is a no-adhesive or floating vinyl floor." Was this sheet vinyl or planks? If so, I don't trust myself to cut a full sheet Also, I was wondering about the Arizona summer heat (we're gone) and how it would affect it. Thoughts? Thanks. Monte

Monte, this thread is 13 years old, and Larry hasn't signed in here for 3 years.
You might try sending him a PM------MAYBE- he will get it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote