Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2019, 12:07 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

MorRyde Wet kit question

Has anyone previously ordered this exact MorRyde U012-016 kit... I was thinking of ordering a MorRyde U012-016 wet kit from amazon.ca but MorRyde is closed till Monday and wanted to verify if someone knew if this is the correct kit for our sunset trail trailer. the equalizer is a Dexter K13-142-02 and need the 14 wet bolts and bushings to do both sides. and the shackles are 2 1/4'' length center to center. The MorRyde description is a tad vague as to some description as per the length of bushings but I do think I might have the correct one here. { https://www.amazon.ca/MORryde-Intern.../dp/B007HRICH2 } What in total I need are the 14 bushings ; 9/16'' inside dia and 11/16'' outside dia and 1 3/4'' long as described in the equalizer above, those 4 sets of 1/2'' thick shackles 2 1/4'' long plus the 8 bolts 3 1/2'' long x 9/16'' dia and 6 bolts 3'' long x 9/16'' dia. The reason for the 8 longer bolts is the new shackles is 1/2'' material and the existing is 1/4 '' hense a 1/2'' longer bolt. I guess the quick question is are all the bolts 3 1/2'' long or are 6 of them only 3'' long ??? This is MorRide order link. ( http://www.morryde.com/downloads/cat...2012%20Web.pdf }I suppose a person could add a couple washers to take up some of the 1/4'' extra of the bolt on the nut side of the bolt before torque the nut.. Any thoughts, We never purchased this trailer new but were told it had about 4000 miles when we purchased it and today has about 5000 miles. But thought rather than go through all the work too jack it up and just look it might be wiser to add grease-ers, which I really think is a wise upgrade....
Old 03-31-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Incase anyone in the future ever asks. it does come with 6; 3'' bolts (007-187-00 ) ( https://trailerparts.com/9-16-x-3-we...07-187-00.html ) Perfect just what the Dr. ordered.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Ace
call Morr Ryde they will ask you a couple of questions and then tell you which wet bolt kit you should purchase...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

My wet kit showed up today, so I drilled out the grease hole 1 size larger and ground a journal into the bolts 1/2'' each direction along the length, polished the journals I just ground, washed and blew out, reinstalled the zert and reseated them into the shackle in the desired pressure position rather than the 3 or 9 oclock. Every bolt looks identical, I mounted the 4''angle grinder into the pressdrill so it contacted each bolt exact. Simple enough to do, add a bolt with the head cut off into where the side handle normally is and install into the drill chuck. unplug your drill first, clamp a 2x6 piece of wood a few inches long onto your drill bed so grinder stays straight, and clamp down you drill vice to your desired spot to make this tiny grind exact every time. took no more than 1/2 hour to grind the 14 bolts and that long again to think of a method to mount grinder to the drill press, but results were nice. The key here is to grease regularly to eliminate plugging the journals as I mentioned I'm installing mine in the pressure points where the grease is needed most rather than the path of least resistance. You don't have to worry about the grease gun, it's got the pressure to force grease into these bushings, it's only a trailer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01554.jpg (116.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-05-2019, 07:26 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Ace
My concern would be the integrity of the wet bolt after you enlarged the bore and ground a grove in it...I am inclined to think that MorrRyde concluded at some point that the diameter of the bore they supply with the bolt keeps it's strength while doing the job of supplying grease...IMHO

In God We Trust
Old 04-05-2019, 07:41 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
Ace
My concern would be the integrity of the wet bolt after you enlarged the bore and ground a grove in it...I am inclined to think that MorrRyde concluded at some point that the diameter of the bore they supply with the bolt keeps it's strength while doing the job of supplying grease...IMHO

I have to agree with Tommy.

Mine have been in there for quite a few years now, and things seem to be working the way they are suppose to.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:44 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

This trailer weighs 6000lb loaded distributed over basically 7 pressure points, the tongue, 2 equalizers center pivot, and the 2 most outer leaf spring eyelets. Tongue is 1000lb so about 5000 over 6 points, 850lb on each bolt. which is mostly carried right at the meeting point between the holder and eyelet and nothing has changed there for another 3/8''. Weakest part of the complete suspension is the center pivot point of the equalizer, which would wear first due to lack of grease..
Old 04-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Ace
My post was just my concern, as I have just installed the Morr Ryde wet bolt system on my camper in the past two days...If you feel confident using those bolts that is your camper, your choice...

In God We Trust